Minimum training requirements for anyone involved with the dispensing process
This is a mandatory GPhC accredited course for all staff undertaking dispensing activities. This comprehensive course provides a great stepping stone for progression onto pre-registration pharmacy technician training and a career as a pharmacy technician.
Upon successfully completing this course, within 15 months of enrolment, you have the opportunity to transfer directly on to Module 5 of the NVQ Level 3 in Pharmacy Services course for pharmacy technicians, at a reduced price.
This course is available as a paper based distance learning and e-learning course.
Who is this course suitable for?
- Dispensing staff
- Relief dispensers
- Medicines counter assistants
Benefits of this course
- Accredited by the GPhC as meeting the minimum training requirements for individuals involved with the dispensing process
- Provides Dispensary Assistants with the skills and knowledge relating to legal aspects and procedures within the dispensary
- Upon successful completion of this course (within 15 months of enrolment) students can transfer directly onto module 5 of the of the NVQ Level 3 in Pharmacy Services course at a reduced price
- Our dedicated team of experts are on hand to support you throughout the course
The course is divided into 4 Modules covering:
- Introduction to dispensing and stock control
- Pharmacy practice and procedures
- Law and ethics
- The Drug Tariff
All 4 Modules will be provided together along with multiple choice questions.
The estimated study time to complete each module is 20 hours. This can be divided to suit the learner and the pharmacy.
The assessments include:
- Workbook completion
- Case studies and multiple choice questions for Modules 2 and 3
- Inter-text exercise and questions throughout
- Evidence gathering activities
Each Module must be completed and the work sent to your allocated external NPA tutor who will give you a grade and provide feedback on the quality of your work.
Upon successful completion of modules 1-4 and a certificate of completion will be provided and at the end of the course along with a progress report.
Paper based: £185 + VAT
e-learning: £165 + VAT
Non member enrolments will incur a 50% mark up (discretional) on the advertised cost.
Enrolments onto this course are accepted throughout the year.
To enrol on to this course:
Please note the cost of the course will be invoiced to your employer.
Other courses you may also be interested in