The NPA's Professional Development team can ensure you get the best level of training to benefit you and your pharmacy.
The investment of time and resources into developing yourself and your team professionally has significant and long term benefits for a pharmacy business:
- Customers benefit from knowledgeable and professional staff dealing with their needs
- Pharmacists can delegate tasks with confidence, enabling them to concentrate on developing specialist services
- Pharmacy staff gain in terms of job satisfaction and motivation.
The first step before deciding which training course is correct for you and your support staff, is to carry out a training needs analysis.
What is a training needs analysis?
Training needs analysis is a valuable method of identifying any gap between the skills your business needs and those your employees have.
You should consider the following:
- What training courses have they already completed?
- What skills are they currently using?
- Do they already have other skills or competencies?
- What do you want them to be able to do in the future?
This will help you identify where your employees can improve their performance and allow you to choose the course best suited to the needs of your pharmacy team.
What is a training matrix?
A training matrix is a document that enables you to keep a record of all your pharmacy support staff training plus support notes on the whole training process from identifying needs (training needs analysis) to finding a suitable course and supporting study.