The National Pharmacy Association has produced SOPs to guide members in England with the EPS Release 2.
- The SOPs cover the following topics:
- Dispensing process
- Repeat dispensing
- Submission of Prescriptions for Re-imbursement
A document has also been produced to answer popular questions such as:
- What do pharmacy staff (including locums) need to do if they work in different stores frequently?
- What is the difference between a prescription token and an FP10?
- Can unlicensed specials be prescribed using the EPS Release 2?
Leyla Hannbeck, Head of Pharmacy at the National Pharmacy Association said:
“The Pharmacy Services department has worked with a wide range of stakeholders, including those already operating EPS to ensure that the SOPs best meet the needs in practice. We are pleased to offer our members these useful resources to help them to keep up to date with EPS roll-out.”
NPA members can download the resources by visiting www.npa.co.uk.