National Pharmacy Association (NPA) members are being invited to take part in a webinar on 11th October at 7pm during which insights and advice about promoting pharmacy to men will be shared. Pharmacy Minister Lord Howe will feature in the event, giving a message of encouragement to pharmacists and pharmacy teams.
The webinar is part of the NPA’s preparation for Ask Your Pharmacist Week (5-12th November), where the focus will be on encouraging men to take a more active role in their medicines and wellbeing.
The webinar includes:
- An introduction to Ask Your Pharmacist Week, including a message from Lord Howe
- Summaries of recent research into men's attitudes to pharmacy and how to engage men
- Information about the free ‘engaging men’ promotional materials available to NPA members across the UK
- Guidance on how to complete an audit of men's use of your pharmacy
- Practical tips on promoting pharmacy services
- You will also be able to put your questions about promoting pharmacy services to men to an expert panel
Stephen Fishwick, Head of External Relations at the NPA said:
“We hope the webinar will provide inspiration to pharmacies to take part in Ask Your Pharmacist Week, and help them make preparations to reach out to male customers and patients.”
Lord Howe, Pharmacy Minister said:
“Last year’s Ask Your Pharmacist initiative was tremendously successful in encouraging people to take more interest in their medicine and making sure that people know about the extensive range of services available at their local pharmacy. I’m sure that this year will build on that good work and target a particularly hard to reach group - men. Getting men to engage with health professionals is notoriously difficult and I’m delighted that the NPA is highlighting this tricky issue.”
Members wanting to take part in the webinar should email email@example.com for log-in details.