The dept handles over 700 calls a day. We provide you with advice on:
- Controlled drugs and Controlled drug prescriptions
- New drugs
- Drug tariff queries, prescription charges, items allowed on prescription, prescribing requirements
- Clinical queries such as drug interactions, prescribing for children’s doses, drugs inpregnancy and breastfeeding
- Herbal and other alternative therapies and their interactions with prescribed medicines and conditions
- Tablet identification
- Foreign medicinal products
- Legal and ethical issues affecting community pharmacy
- Supplier details
- Administration of medicines via PEG feedingtubes
- Stability of medicines in the Monitored Dosage Systems (MDS)
- Travel advice
We also produce and regularly update one of the most comprehensive travel advice services in the UK, and provide you with comprehensive resources, fact sheets and Standard Operating Procedures for members on topics covering pharmacy, legal, ethical, clinical, product and business information.
Our dedicated team, the majority of whom are pharmacists (and all from a pharmacy background), have more than 120 years of clinical, hospital and Primary Care Organisation experience.
Call us on 0844 7364201/01727 891800 with your enquiries