Accuracy Checking Pharmacy Technician (ACPT) Competency Toolkit
2nd July 2018
Following changes to revalidation stipulated by GPhC, the responsibility of using, maintaining and developing professional skills lies with the registered pharmacy professional. It is, therefore, no longer a requirement for ACPTs to reaccredit their accuracy checking qualification every two years with the NPA.
Benefits – This change in revalidation means that:
- ACPTs no longer need to spend time working on their reassessment portfolio
- ACPTs will save at least £60 +VAT every two years – the cost of the reaccreditation
ACPTs have a professional obligation to ensure they revalidate their registration, abide to the standards for pharmacy professionals and remain fit to practise.
The NPA has produced the following materials to support them:
- ACPT Competency Toolkit containing important information on changes to the re-accreditation process and logs designed to support ongoing competency of certified ACPTs by means of keeping an updated record of evidence of going checking and learning – free to download here
- FAQs on the changes to the re-accreditation process, its impact on ACPTs – these FAQs are included within the toolkit, but can be viewed separately here
- ACPT Competency Workbook + Indefinite Certificate information and activities to refresh an ACPT’s knowledge which have been mapped to National Occupational Standards – find out more here. Available from the Member Services team at £30 +VAT
Read our Superintendent update on this change in re-accreditation here
If you have any questions regarding this change in revalidation, please contact Member Services on 01727 800402 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.