Practical tools for your business
Services that help you analyse your business affairs
- Check34 – an online system included in your NPA membership for pharmacies in England. This provides an overview and trends of your prescription income and can help you gain more control over your business, saving you time and improving your bottom line.
- CheckRx – a paid for companion service to Check34 that allows you to drill down into item level for all prescriptions dispensed. It can help identify payment shortfalls and discrepancies and so help you to determine whether you have been paid the correct amount for your monthly prescriptions. It can also give you an insight into your dispensing patterns and your competitors.
Services that help you operate your pharmacy efficiently
- Velresco – Following a pilot programme which was part funded by the NPA, Velresco (operational performance improvement specialists) have produced a ‘Top tips’ report which could release capacity in the pharmacy and save you up to 120 hours a month.
- Clearing House – allows you to save time and money when paying your supplier bills. You only have to send one monthly payment and remittance advice to the NPA, who do the rest for you.
- Employment,Health & Safety Advisory Service – to help you shape your team for maximum efficiency and effectiveness. Ellis Whittam offers a complimentary Compliance Health Check to all NPA members who feel they have a requirement to enhance and upgrade their current levels of support in the key business areas of Employment Law and Health & Safety. Ellis Whittam provides a dedicated website to NPA members.
- CPD hub – Get a wealth of expert content, that is completely free to develop your practice and improve patient outcomes. Convenient, time efficient CPD for you and your staff.
Services that help you manage your finances
- KPMG Small Business Accounting – provides practical business support and real-time financial information as well as offering insights in all kinds of business critical areas, from working out cash flow to advising on sources of finance. This service is free of charge to NPA members for the first 3 months.
Services that help you to increase your income
- NPA Patient Group Directions (PGDs) – are available to enable pharmacists to provide medicines and administer vaccines privately to support a wide range of patient groups. The NPA offers highly competitive member rates on an extensive range of flu, oral and travel PGDs (with associated training) across all UK countries.
- Marketing materials (AYP) – the NPA provides a suite of materials to help you promote your pharmacy and take part in health promotion campaigns all year round. The materials cover a range of topics, from self-care, to diabetes and asthma, sexual health, flu, men’s health, falls and more.
General pharmacy business guidance from the NPA
- Business Efficiency Solutions pack – this resource is designed to assist NPA members to examine their pharmacy business and support them in protecting their business against potential financial loss and develop new sources of income. It can help you to assess, plan, develop, promote and review your pharmacy.