In order to support our members with the administrative burden and help them improve their bottom line, we have developed a “Community Pharmacy Operational Support Pack” (“Ops pack”) that comprises of a number of resources and templates outlined below.
Relevance of the Ops pack
This operational support pack will allow members to:
- Accurately record important information required of pharmacy contractors and pharmacy teams
- Appropriately manage their teams
- Manage their orders and stock and have templates on price comparisons
- Assess their pharmacy business
- Develop and add value to the services provided
- Ensure their pharmacy remains at the heart of your community
- Make the most of their pharmacy teams
- Put systems in place to provide high quality pharmacy services on a daily basis
- Stay on top of regulatory and contractual requirements
- Track and monitor various pharmacy activities
How to use the Ops pack
- Members are advised to download the whole pack electronically to their computer first
- The checklists and tools are intended to be personalised for use within the pharmacy
- The checklists are intended to be printed off and supplied to the pharmacy team to use to log various activities
- The tools in the Excel spreadsheets are intended to be used by members/individuals in charge of operational matters within their pharmacy, to fill in relevant data/information into the tables to allow tracking and monitoring of pharmacy activities
Support to help you in the running of your pharmacy
These templates are available for members of the pharmacy team in relation to employment law, Human Resources (HR) and health & safety.
These documents will help in the learning and development of members of the pharmacy team.
The locum pack is designed to provide pharmacy owners with a quick reference guide for locum staff working in the pharmacy
Resources to help you meet your NHS contractual requirements
These documents are essential to ensure patient safety within the pharmacy.
These templates will help members of the pharmacy team to carry out essential tasks within the pharmacy.
Documents to be used when providing private and NHS services from the pharmacy
Resources to support members in maintaining appropriate records in the pharmacy