|NPA webinar – Understanding COVID-19 vaccinations and addressing vaccine hesitancy
- NEW 24/2/2021 – A new cross-sector guidance (made up with NPA, CCA, PSNC, RPS and AIM) has been developed on the considerations pharmacy contractors in England should undertake before applying to provide the COVID-19 vaccination service. The latest version can be accessed here.
- COVID-19 risk assessments – to support individual and workplace risk assessment assist assessed, identified and mitigated in the workplace.
- COVID -19 vaccination risk assessments – to support pharmacy premises and offsite vaccinations
- Standard operating procedures– including infection prevention, hand hygiene, needle stick injury and biohazard spillages, administration adrenaline and cold chain.
- COVID-19 vaccination pre-screen questionnaire
- Chaperone policy documents
- COVID-19 vaccine characteristic comparison chart –This resource provides a quick reference of the vaccine characteristics and excipients information for the three COVID-19 vaccines currently temporary authorised.
- COVID-19 vaccination programme vaccination site key considerations and risk assessment
- Summary Care Record (SCR) resources – guidance and support for accessing patients SCR.
- Safeguarding vulnerable adults and children– guidance and SOP.
- Accessible Information Standard– brief guide, SOP and FAQs to support the Standard in your pharmacy.
- Radicalisation and terrorism prevention guidance– resource to support pharmacy teams in identifying individuals, both patients and other team members, who may be subject to radicalisation and how to raise these concerns.
Please see below for useful resources
NHS England and NHS Improvement (NHSE&I) coronavirus vaccination programme primary care guidance
Where you can find the COVID-19 vaccination SOP, legal mechanisms, COVID-19 vaccines clinical incidents SOP, community pharmacy local enhanced service documents, instruction on timing of second dose of COVID-19 vaccinations and COVID-19 Vaccine Oxford AstraZeneca – movement of vaccine
Public Health England COVID-19 vaccination programme
Documents relating to the COVID-19 vaccination programme including national protocols, Patient Group Directions, guidance, training resources, consent forms, letters, leaflets, posters and Green Book chapter 14a COVID-19.
Specialist Pharmacy Service (SPS) COVID-19 vaccines – professional medicines advice
Guidance on the legal mechanisms and their use, template SOPs, maintaining cold chain and best practice storage of COVID vaccines
MHRA guidance on coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccines
Regulatory information/updates on COVID-19 vaccines and safety, clinical trials, and medicines and COVID-19. Information for healthcare professionals on the Pfizer/BioNTech, Oxford University/AstraZeneca and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines
COVID-19 Central Alerting System (CAS) alerts
A consolidated list of alerts issued on COVID-19 including general and COVID-19 vaccine alerts
COVID-19 yellow card reporting site
Report suspected side effects to medicines, vaccines or medical device and diagnostic adverse incidents used in coronavirus treatment including COVID-19 vaccines
Regulatory - General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) COVID-19 vaccination information/guidance/FAQs
Guidance for those involved in the COVID-19 vaccination programme. Covering information on assurance and governance to ensure safety and accountability.
Indemnity arrangements for COVID-19 vaccination programme
NHSE&I, DHSC, and NHS Resolution have issued a joint letter about the indemnity arrangements that are in place to cover the COVID-19 vaccination programme, which includes community pharmacy.
NPA COVID-19 vaccination training
Information on who the training sessions will be suitable for details of virtual training sessions, and additional COVID-19 training and resources. A COVID-19 vaccination training flowchart, and guidance for those new to immunisation training, are also available.
Book or manage your coronavirus vaccination
NHSE&I have confirmed that community pharmacy staff are within the category of frontline health and social care staff eligible for a coronavirus vaccination
JCVI issues interim advice on Phase 2 of COVID-19 vaccination programme rollout
The Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) has considered the evidence for Phase 2 of the UK’s COVID-19 vaccination programme