For members in England please remain on this page. For members in the rest of the UK, please use the following links.
|Member survey: COVID-19 and flu vaccination: The NPA is seeking feedback from members who are currently providing this service to help us in our conversations with NHSE regarding the current COVID-19 vaccination programme as well as any future changes to this programme. Please complete the survey. The survey will remain open until 11.59 pm on Sunday 27 June 2021.
Recent updates on COVID-19 vaccination
- Update 18/05/2021 – COVID-19 vaccination is now available for those aged 36 and 37 years
- Update 18/05/2021 – NHSE&I has issued a letter providing further actions to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 B1.617.2 variant. In line with Government and JCVI guidance, the NHS is bringing forward the second dose of COVID-19 vaccines from 12 to 8 weeks for people in cohorts 1-9. Further details can be found here: https://www.england.nhs.uk/coronavirus/publication/covid-19-vaccination-accelerating-second-doses-for-priority-cohorts-1-9/
- Update 10/05/2021 – DHSC has issued guidance on “Demonstrating your COVID-19 vaccination status when travelling abroad“
- Update 07/05/2021- JCVI has issued advice to the UK government on the use of the coronavirus (COVID-19) Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine for people aged under 40
- Update 30/04/2021 – people aged 40 and over can now book their COVID-19 vaccination via the national booking system
- Update 26/04/2021 – 44 year olds will be invited to book their COVID-19 vaccination through the national booking service (online at nhs.uk or by calling 119). People will be contacted by text today and receive a letter later this week. Further details can be found in this operational update sent on Friday 23 April 2021 (registration required)
- Update 17/04/2021 -JCVI announcement regarding COVID-19 vaccination during pregnancy and next steps
- Update 15/04/2021 – Frequently Asked Questions: MHRA and JCVI guidance on AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine and very rare clotting disorders
DHSC useful links:
|New COVID-19 vaccine toolkit for employers launched: The Department of Health and Social Care has launched a new COVID-19 vaccine toolkit for employers to ensure employees are provided with reliable information regarding the COVID-19 vaccines. The toolkit contains useful resources for employers to run internal awareness campaigns. Further information can be accessed here.
NPA webinar – Understanding COVID-19 vaccinations and addressing vaccine hesitancy
- NEW 24/2/2021 – A new cross-sector guidance (made up with NPA, CCA, PSNC, RPS and AIM) has been developed on the considerations pharmacy contractors in England should undertake before applying to provide the COVID-19 vaccination service. The latest version can be accessed here.
- COVID-19 risk assessments – to support individual and workplace risk assessment assist assessed, identified and mitigated in the workplace.
- COVID -19 vaccination risk assessments – to support pharmacy premises and offsite vaccinations
- Standard operating procedures– including infection prevention, hand hygiene, needle stick injury and biohazard spillages, administration adrenaline and cold chain.
- COVID-19 vaccination pre-screen questionnaire
- Chaperone policy documents
- COVID-19 vaccine characteristic comparison chart –This resource provides a quick reference of the vaccine characteristics and excipients information for the three COVID-19 vaccines currently temporary authorised.
- COVID-19 vaccination programme vaccination site key considerations and risk assessment
- Summary Care Record (SCR) resources – guidance and support for accessing patients SCR.
- Safeguarding vulnerable adults and children– guidance and SOP.
- Accessible Information Standard– brief guide, SOP and FAQs to support the Standard in your pharmacy.
- Radicalisation and terrorism prevention guidance– resource to support pharmacy teams in identifying individuals, both patients and other team members, who may be subject to radicalisation and how to raise these concerns.
Please see below for useful resources
NHS England and NHS Improvement (NHSE&I) coronavirus vaccination programme primary care guidance
Where you can find the COVID-19 vaccination SOP, legal mechanisms, COVID-19 vaccines clinical incidents SOP, community pharmacy local enhanced service documents, instruction on timing of second dose of COVID-19 vaccinations and COVID-19 Vaccine Oxford AstraZeneca – movement of vaccine
Public Health England COVID-19 vaccination programme
Documents relating to the COVID-19 vaccination programme including national protocols, Patient Group Directions, guidance, training resources, consent forms, letters, leaflets, posters and Green Book chapter 14a COVID-19.
Specialist Pharmacy Service (SPS) COVID-19 vaccines – professional medicines advice
Guidance on the legal mechanisms and their use, template SOPs, maintaining cold chain and best practice storage of COVID vaccines
MHRA guidance on coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccines
Regulatory information/updates on COVID-19 vaccines and safety, clinical trials, and medicines and COVID-19. Information for healthcare professionals on the Pfizer/BioNTech, Oxford University/AstraZeneca and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines
COVID-19 Central Alerting System (CAS) alerts
A consolidated list of alerts issued on COVID-19 including general and COVID-19 vaccine alerts
COVID-19 yellow card reporting site
Report suspected side effects to medicines, vaccines or medical device and diagnostic adverse incidents used in coronavirus treatment including COVID-19 vaccines
PHE Vaccine update collection
Vaccination newsletter for health professionals and immunisation practitioners
Regulatory - General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) COVID-19 vaccination information/guidance/FAQs
Guidance for those involved in the COVID-19 vaccination programme. Covering information on assurance and governance to ensure safety and accountability.
Indemnity arrangements for COVID-19 vaccination programme
NHSE&I, DHSC, and NHS Resolution have issued a joint letter about the indemnity arrangements that are in place to cover the COVID-19 vaccination programme, which includes community pharmacy.
NPA COVID-19 vaccination training
Information on the suitability and content of this 2 hour virtual training session and additional COVID-19 training resources. From this page you can also link to details of our full vaccination training which includes COVID specific vaccination information.
Book or manage your coronavirus vaccination
NHSE&I have confirmed that community pharmacy staff are within the category of frontline health and social care staff eligible for a coronavirus vaccination
JCVI issues interim advice on Phase 2 of COVID-19 vaccination programme rollout
The Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) has considered the evidence for Phase 2 of the UK’s COVID-19 vaccination programme
COVID-19 vaccine hesitancy
Information and guidance on providing support to patients/staff who have COVID-19 vaccine hesitancy
AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine and blood clots – updated advice issued by JCVI and MHRA
JCVI and MHRA have updated their information on the AstraZenaca COVID-19 vaccine and the extremely rare and unlikely link with blood clots. Updated advice for pharmacy teams
JCVI announcement regarding COVID-19 vaccination during pregnancy and next steps
NHSE&I has issued a letter providing next steps and actions for COVID-19 vaccination centers including community pharmacy on vaccination during pregnancy
NHS England and NHS Improvement has launched a series of animations aimed at tackling disinformation about the COVID-19 vaccine
Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) has issued advice to the UK government on the use of the coronavirus (COVID-19) Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine for people aged under 40
DHSC guidance on demonstrating your COVID-19 vaccination status when travelling abroad
How to demonstrate your coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination status to show that you’ve had the full course of the COVID-19 vaccine and access this status when travelling abroad.
PHE COVID-19 migrant health guide
Advice and guidance for healthcare practitioners on the health needs of migrant patients.
NHSE&I Long COVID: the NHS plan for 2021/22
The Long COVID Plan 21/22 builds on the five-point plan which outlines 10 key next steps to be taken to support those suffering from long COVID