Taking your vehicle to the EU?

16th December 2020

This is an international certificate of insurance, issued by insurance providers in the UK, guaranteeing that the motorist has the necessary third-party motor insurance for the countries they are driving in. This includes motorists in Northern Ireland driving to and from the Republic of Ireland. If you travel without a Green Card you will be breaking the law; risking a fine, seizure of your vehicle, or prosecution.

If you insure your vehicle through NPA Insurance and you are planning to take it into Europe you should call us on 0800 4960426 to obtain one at least 21 days before you travel. A Green Card is usually free and we’ll be happy to assist you.