Easter opening hours: issues accessing the DoS profile updater
08 Apr 2020
On Friday 3 April 2020, NHSE&I issued a requirement in their Primary Care Bulletin for community pharmacies in England to open between 2pm and 5pm on Good Friday and Easter Monday.
Community pharmacies that are unable to open at this time, for reasons beyond their control, are required to update their “NHS 111 DoS” to prevent patients being referred to their pharmacy while closed. However, community pharmacies have not been able to access the DoS profile updater service. It has been temporarily closed while central changes are made by the DoS Team to all contractors’ profiles to show that all pharmacies will be open between 2pm and 5pm on the Good Friday and Easter Monday.
Will you pharmacy be open during the hours of 2pm to 5pm on Good Friday and/or Easter Monday, as per the DoS profile updated centrally?
- YES – you do not need to do anything. If you have agreed to be open for longer hours than 2-5pm, your profile will have been updated to reflect that already.
- NO (because of circumstances beyond your control – you will need to take steps to ensure that your Dos profile is updated.
If you need to update the DoS profile, how can you do it?
Call the DoS emergency change number on 0300 0200 363 – however, first, please read the detailed guidance and FAQs in the following links fully:
You may also wish to review the guidance on network resilience – Easter opening hours: https://psnc.org.uk/the-healthcare-landscape/covid19/network-resilience/
NPA support for members
- Our dedicated team of pharmacists and pharmacy technicians will be available to support members with urgent queries over the Easter weekend:
- Good Friday 10/4/20 – 1pm to 5pm
- Saturday 11/4/20 – 9am to 1pm
- Easter Monday 13/4/20 – 1pm to 5pm