NHS Pharmacy First Scotland: Service Directions, Specification and White List
02 Jul 2020
Scottish Government circular PCA2020(P)13 provides the Directions and Service Specification for NHS Pharmacy First Scotland
The circular PCA2020(P)13 from Scottish Government details Directions and Service specification as the legal framework for the new NHS Pharmacy First Scotland (NHS PFS) service available in all Scottish NHS community pharmacies from 29th July 2020. The NHS PFS service is primarily a face to face service, which will provide NHS free consultation, referral and NHS treatment where appropriate for all patients from any community pharmacy in Scotland. NHS PFS will encourage patients to use community pharmacy as the gateway to NHS care for all minor illness.
The circular explains:
- 6 key principles of NHS PFS service
- Service Specification
- Funding arrangements for the initial months of the roll out of the service
- Privacy Notice information required for display
- Eligibility for the service
- Patient information required for the service
- IT functionality
- Medicines which can be supplied as part of the service
- Promotion of the service, including the Public Health Service campaign to start on 29th July in community pharmacies
- Procedures for use of PGDs, independent prescribing, and with housebound patients
The NPA are developing FAQs, Standard Operating Procedures and accompanying guidance for the NHS PFS service which will be published on the NPA Pharmacy First Scotland webpage. We will be engaging with members through our virtual forums, with details to be announced soon.
Also, the NPA are developing FAQs, Red Flag Alert Factsheets, Standard Operating Procedures and accompanying guidance for the NHS PFS service which will be published on the NPA Pharmacy First Scotland webpage.
If you have any queries on the service or suggestions for NPA support for NHS Pharmacy First Scotland please contact Janice Oman, NPA Scotland Representation Manager email@example.com