Covid vaccination preparation course
The NPA is committed to supporting community pharmacies who are involved in the roll-out of the COVID-19 vaccine. Our new vaccination training partners, ECG, will therefore be offering a virtual online session.
This training may be suitable for any pharmacist and healthcare professionals (nurses, doctor, dentists, physiotherapists, etc.) involved in supporting the roll-out when studied alongside the free online training provided by Public Health England (PHE), details of which can be found here. It is aimed at filling gaps in knowledge that vaccinators may have in the preparation of the different types of COVID vaccines.
Training session suitability
This two hour virtual training session is suitable for pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and other healthcare professionals who have completed FULL vaccination training (this includes both practical face-to-face (F2F) AND online modules) within the last 3 years.
What’s covered in the session
By attending this session, the delegate will …
- Be aware of where to access information online, for COVID-19 vaccination
- Understand the composition of the COVID-19 vaccines and any contraindications or precautions
- Consider Patient Group Directives (PGD) and Patient Specific Direction
- Explore presentation of COVID-19 vaccine and how to safely administer to an adult
- Understand the importance of documentation and consent
- Anticipate patients concerns or questions
- Have an awareness of PPE, infection control and sharps disposal
- Understand reconstitution and diluents
- Identify the landmarks of deltoid and thigh for IM injection
- Observe intramuscular injection techniques
- Refresh knowledge of adult basic life support and how to use an AED
- Recognise how to identify and manage a patient that has fainted
- Explore anaphylaxis using ABCDE approach and how to manage a patient using adrenaline ampoules and/or auto–injectors
- Observe how to place a breathing non-responsive patient into the recovery position.
The webinar will include live demonstrations, expert videos and discussions including an opportunity for questions as well as the next steps for you to prepare for delivering COVID Vaccinations.
On completion attendees will be emailed a certificate that confirms their attendance on the session and the course content.
Available dates can be found by clicking on the most relevant location in the drop down menu on the ECG enrolment portal. To purchase a session, please click on the third box in the right hand column of this page, which will take you directly to the ECG Training website.
Member price £24.00 +VAT Non-member price £29.50 +VAT
For more information, please contact ECG Training via email: email@example.com