Get to grips with your prescription business.
CheckRx is a NEW online service that offers pharmacies in England easy access to a wealth of information about monthly dispensing business/activity. It is a companion service to Check34 that allows you to drill down into much more detail.
CheckRx transforms your prescription item report (Px*) report into easy to use dashboards that can be used to help identify payment shortfalls and discrepancies – giving you the confidence you are being paid correctly.
Simply upload your Px report into CheckRx and as you navigate your way around the different dashboards, you’ll begin to identify the areas your pharmacy is performing well in and identify the areas for opportunity.
*Px report is a breakdown of your item level payment paid for in your monthly prescription bundle.
CheckRx is available NOW for NPA members at the preferential rate of £10 per month per pharmacy for the contractual year (or £12 a month for non-NPA members).
For more information and a demo of the dashboard, watch the video below.
CheckRx allows you to:
Using the PX report search you can:
- See a breakdown of pricing for each item submitted allowing you to check if payments for any endorsements were applied or not
CheckRx provides prescription reimbursement information to allow you to:
- Compare reimbursement with your FP34 Schedule of Payment so that any discrepancies are highlighted and can be rectified
- View line-by-line pricing for each prescription submitted
- Establish if prescriptions were endorsed correctly
- Identify which pharmacy processes need to be reviewed, for example, a large number of prescription switches (from ‘exempt’ to ‘chargeable’ status) may indicate that improvements to exemption checking processes need be implemented
Using this data you can:
- Establish your fast moving lines which can help:
- Negotiate better rates from wholesalers for bulk-buying
- Consolidate and centralise your ordering processes (for contractors with multiple branches)
- Help maintain appropriate levels of stock and reduce stock wastage
This data is useful for:
- Establishing if dispensing a large volume of Category M items in a particular month is responsible for large fluctuations in payment
- Highlighting which items you are dispensing at a loss, for example, Part IXA and IXR appliances for which you cannot claim out of pocket expenses, or items which are not exempt from discount deduction
Using this data, you can:
- Establish the health demographic of your local patient population
- Tailor your services appropriately to your patients
- Customise the selection of stock sold in the pharmacy to cater to the needs of your local community
The data provided in this table enables you to:
- View your market share of items prescribed from the top 3 GP practices from which you receive most of your prescriptions
- Benchmark your pharmacy’s performance against your competitors for a number of key performance indicators
Using this data, you can:
- Identify which surgeries the majority of prescriptions are received from by your pharmacy
- View by GP Practice, the items dispensed by pharmacy.