Upgrading to our One2One services gives you access to unlimited personalised support from named professionals at a highly preferential fixed-fee.
This enhances the advice available through the NPA Employment and Health & Safety Advisory Service with bespoke legal documentation, hands-on support with risk assessments, and award-winning compliance software.
What’s included in Employment One2One
Our specialist HR and Employment service will help your pharmacy to manage staff in line with the law and minimise time spent dealing with workforce issues. Our pragmatic, commercially-minded support includes:
- Your own small team of legally-qualified Employment Advisers who you can call upon at any time for clear, practical advice on a full spectrum of employment challenges, from simple sickness absence to complex disciplinary procedures, contractual changes and redundancy.
- 24/7 support, with no limit on the number or length of calls you can make, giving you the reassurance that help is always available.
- An expert review of your Contracts of Employment and Employee Handbook to ensure they are up-to-date, legally-compliant, tailored to your specific needs, and offer maximum protection for your pharmacy. If you are without these documents, we will create them for you.
- Bespoke drafting of your employment-related documents and letters (rather than, as is the case with some providers, providing you with templates and expecting you to do the work yourself).
- Your own personal online area, where you can find all your important documents, refer back to telephone and email conversations with your adviser, and access a library of professionally-developed guidance notes and document templates.
- Regular email updates and practical webinars to keep you informed of new case law and other legislative developments that may impact your pharmacy.
- Expert support in the event of an employee claim, including handling negotiations with Acas, the Tribunal, the claimant(s) and their advisers, as well as representing you should a case proceed to an Employment Tribunal hearing.
“The One2One service is assisting me to ensure that my business is ready to meet the challenges that arise from employing a large team across multiple branches. WCL is a socially responsible employer with an award-winning team. By having excellent employment practices in place, supported by a great team at Ellis Whittam, we can ensure our valued staff remain at the heart of the WCL business.”
- Jay Badenhorst, Managing Director, Whitworth Pharmacy
Specialists in the independent community pharmacy sector
Ellis Whittam is the leading provider of Employment Law and Health & Safety advice to UK pharmacies. Having worked with the NPA for over a decade, we understand the world of independent community pharmacy, the pressures you face, how you work, and how this has changed over time. As such, we are able to tailor our support and advice to best serve your needs, guarantee best possible outcomes, and help you maintain an engaged, high-performing team.
Protection against claims and enforcement action
For pharmacy employees, you may already have Legal Expenses Insurance (LEI) cover in place through NPA Insurance which covers you for the cost of representation at Employment Tribunals. With the One2One service, you have the option of purchasing additional FCA-regulated LEI to cover the cost of awards and settlements. You may need additional LEI for warehouse and office employees and staff.
Our team of highly experienced litigators have an exceptional track record supporting pharmacies through Employment Tribunal claims, with 95.4% of cases won, settled, struck out or withdrawn.
To find out more about our One2One support, call 0345 226 8393.
Preferential rates for NPA members.