Ask Your Pharmacist week
The National Pharmacy Association’s (NPA) next Ask Your Pharmacist week (AYP) will run from November 5 to 11.
The exact details of the UK-wide campaign are still to be announced but this year’s AYP will focus on patient safety. AYP week provides a platform for pharmacy public awareness activities across the UK. It also serves as a prompt for conversations with key stakeholders at a local level about community pharmacy services.
During previous AYP Weeks:
- Local Pharmaceutical Committees have organised exhibitions in town halls, shopping centres and sports venues
- NHS bodies have used social media and local newspapers to signpost people to community pharmacy as the first port of call for common ailments
- Pharmacy students have conducted opinion surveys in shopping precincts
- Pharmacies have invited local dignitaries and politicians to visit for a health check and to learn more about the valuable services on offer
- NPA members have displayed window posters and associated materials, downloadable from the NPA website
More details will be shared soon. Meanwhile, any members wishing to get involved should contact firstname.lastname@example.org