Ask Your Pharmacist (AYP) Week provides a platform for pharmacy public awareness activities across the UK. The theme for this year’s campaign is “Let’s Talk About Medicines Safety”. It is about explaining to patients the risks associated with using medicines inappropriately; and encouraging them to talk with the pharmacy team about safe use.
Why take part?
- Improve safe medicines use amongst your patients
- Evidence for inspectors of your commitment to patient safety
- Raise awareness and appropriate uptake of the NHS medicines advice services available in your pharmacy
- Achieve positive publicity for your pharmacy locally
- Re-inforce the message that community pharmacists are accessible and approachable medicines experts
- The NPA is making free of charge resources available to you
Free of charge campaign materials are now available
NPA members can now order free of charge posters and leaflets for the campaign. Please note that orders must be placed by 5th October 2018 at the latest to ensure you receive your free pack on time. Only one pack per pharmacy can be ordered.
For pharmacies with 1 – 10 branches, please place your order here
For pharmacies with over 10 branches, please contact your account manager
In the meantime, here are some resources that you can download :
Other campaign assets will be available a little closer to the time, including:
- Digital assets – template social media posts, infographics
- Posters to download in larger sizes
- Template local newspaper column
- PowerPoint presentations & talk notes for community talks
- Materials to help you conduct an audit of how often, and in what form, you discuss medicines safety with patients.
You can use the materials at any time but it will have a bigger impact if you do it during Ask Your Pharmacist week (5-12 November) because it will coincide at that time with media activity organised centrally by the NPA.
For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org