The NPA Data Protection statement.
We, being the NPA Group of companies, hold and process all personal information (“Information”) in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
By submitting your Information (which may include sensitive personal information) to us at any time in connection with administering your membership you consent to your information being processed by us in accordance with this Data Protection Statement. If
your information changes please inform us of the change so that we can update our records.
We will use information to contact you at various times by post, telephone, electronically and by other means for the following purposes:
- to administer the relationship between you and the NPA Group, and manage business processes in support of this (which may include using third parties)
- to promote the interests of members to the public
- to offer you access to facilities such as NPA information, NPA training courses, NPA products and services and NPA insurance, and
- for additional purposes as set out in the Data Protection Notice which forms part of our “Information about our Insurance Services” document.
We also reserve the right:
- to use your information for statistical analysis
- to analyse your use of our website and related services using, for example, “cookies” when you access those services,
- to transfer Information to other companies (“Other Companies”), which we screen on your behalf to make sure that they are offering products or services that are likely to be of value to pharmacy businesses and professionals. In the unlikely event that you find communication from these Other Companies unwelcome, you may at any time elect not to receive such communication in future. Likewise, you may elect not to receive marketing communications from us. Should you opt out of either, you will not have to opt out again upon renewal of your membership.
- to transfer our business assets or our rights under any Group product (which include Information) on sale or merger of the whole or part of the NPA Group. We may do this without contacting you.
- to transfer our Information as required to obtain legal advice, comply with legal and regulatory requirements, protect our rights and property, and the safety of our employees, clients, suppliers and others.
You should show this Data Protection Statement to anyone whose personal information you have submitted to us. You have the right to request copies of the Information we hold about you. If you would like to know what information we hold about you, contact the Data Manager, NPA, Mallinson House, 38-42 St Peter’s Street, St Albans, AL1 3NP.
A fee may be charged for this.
At any time, you may ask for further explanation of this policy or change the preference you have registered with us in terms of receiving communication from us or from Other Companies.
The NPA Group comprises:
- The National Pharmacy Association Limited
- NPA Services Limited
- NPA Insurance Limited