Cookie and Website Usage Policy
National Pharmacy Association
The following statement discloses the privacy practices of National Pharmacy Association (“NPA”) for the NPA Web Site (this “Site”). By using this Site, you are consenting to our privacy practices. If you do not consent to these privacy practices, do not use this Site or download any materials from it.
We may collect information automatically when you visit the Website, using cookies.
Cookies are small files of information which save and retrieve information about your visit to our site – for example, how you entered our site, how you navigated through the site, and what information was of interest to you. The cookies we use identify you merely as a number. (If you are uncomfortable regarding cookies use, please keep in mind you can disable cookies on your computer by changing the settings in preferences or options menu in your browser, however your login ability on the website may be impaired.) We also collect information when you give it to us. For example the registration details you have entered in order to access the member area of the website.
These links explain how you can control cookies via your browser – remember that if you turn off cookies in your browser then these settings apply to all websites not just this one:
- Internet Explorer http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835(this page links to further information for different versions of IE – the mobile version is at http:/ /www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/howto/wp7/web/changing-privacy-and-other-browser-settings.aspx).
- Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=95647
- Safari: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/5.0/en/9277.html(or http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677 for mobile versions)
- Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/
- Blackberries: http://docs.blackberry.com/en/
- Android: http://support.google.com/mobile/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=169022
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy/
For more information visit www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies
Types of cookie that may be used during your visit to the Website:
The following types of cookie are used on this site.
These monitor how visitors move around the Website and how they reached it. This is used so that we can see total (not individual) figures on which types of content users enjoy most, for instance.
You can opt out of these if you choose:
2.Third-party service cookies
Social sharing, video and other services we offer are run by other companies. These companies may drop cookies on your computer when you use them on our site or if you are already logged in to them.
- Facebook’s data use policy: http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other
- AddThis (the service that runs some of our social sharing buttons): http://www.addthis.com/privacy#.T6j–usS0bw
3.Site management cookies
These are used to maintain your identity or session on the Website. For instance, where our websites run on more than one server, we use a cookie to ensure that you are sent information by one specific server (otherwise you may log in or out unexpectedly). We may use similar cookies when you vote in opinion polls to ensure that you can only vote once, and to ensure that you can use our commenting functionality when not logged in (to ensure you don’t see comments you’ve reported as abusive, for instance, or don’t vote comments up/down more than once).
These cookies cannot be turned off individually, but you could change your browser setting to refuse all cookies (see above) if you do not wish to accept them.
How do we use this information?
You can browse our sites without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information and continue to use this website, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in the United Kingdom.
We may collect and store the following personal information:
- email address, physical contact information, and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information, such as credit card or bank account numbers;
- transactional information based on your activities on the sites (such as buying insurance or items from our webshop);
- shipping, billing and other information you provide to purchase or ship an item;
- community discussions, chats, feedback, correspondence through our sites, and correspondence sent to us;
- other information from your interaction with our sites, services, content and advertising, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, and the IP address.
- information from other companies, such as demographic and navigation data.
Will we disclose your information to or share it with other organisations?
We may use personal data collected from our website from time to time, please read our data protection notice for full details.
We may also combine your information with information on other users and information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalise our services, content and advertising.
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customised experience. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
- provide the services and customer support you request;
- customise, measure and improve our services, content and advertising;
- tell you about our services, targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences; and
- compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties.
A cookie is a small piece of data sent by our computer to yours so that information can be recalled.
A cookie is stored by your web browser in a text file on your computer with the word ‘cookie’ in its name. Each time your web browser requests a page from our web server, the cookie’s message is sent back. Only NPA’s web server may read the contents of a cookie you accept from us.
- one of our security measures to ensure your login session is secure. This is a non-persistent cookie while you are signed on to the NPA website.
You are offered this cookie on login page.
- to track how users reach our site and the path they take through it to help us to improve our service to you.
When we use a cookie for this purpose, we do not record any information that will uniquely identify you. We put together the information from a very large number of users of our website to give us an overall picture of how people visit our site.
- from time to time we may wish to record personal information about you using cookies. This can only be done once you have registered and logged in to our site.
You may choose to set your browser to not accept any cookies. Please be aware that in doing this, the site may not operate correctly.
Sometimes we tag pages on the site when we are promoting various campaigns. These tags recognise a unique cookie on your browser, which in turn enables us to learn which campaigns bring users to our site. With this technology, the information that we collect and share is anonymous and not personally identifiable. It does not contain your name, address, telephone number, or email address.
From time to time we may wish to record personal information about you by using the page tagging analytics to track your behaviour on the site, this can be done once you have registered or logged in to the site.
From time to time, the NPA will feature surveys and user polls on its site. Participation is voluntary. Information requested may include, name, contact information, demographic information, opinions and survey/poll related information. Such information will be used for improving the use of the NPAs services and product offerings.
Special Offers and opting out of communications
Users of the NPA website who no longer wish to receive communications from the NPA about its services, products or special offers may opt out of receiving these. Please read our data protection notice for more information.
Links to Third Party Web Sites
At this Site, there may be links to companies with whom we have a relationship. NPA is not responsible for the privacy practices of external links and websites. We encourage you to read their privacy statements, as they may differ from ours. We do not store credit card details for customers using the PayPal service.
Your password is the key to your account. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify the NPA and change your password.
Your information is stored on our servers located in the United Kingdom, in accordance with our Data Protection Notice and our role as a Data Controller. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use lots of tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorised access and disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the site. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
National Pharmacy Association
38-42 St Peters Street
St Albans, Herts, AL1 3NP