Health & Safety One2One
Upgrading to our One2One services gives you access to unlimited personalised support from named professionals at a highly preferential fixed-fee.
This enhances the advice available through the NPA Employment and Health & Safety Advisory Service with bespoke legal documentation, hands-on support with risk assessments, and award-winning compliance software.
Our action-based Health & Safety service will help you to ensure the wellbeing of your employees and customers, as well as achieve compliance with relevant regulations and GPhC standards. Your pharmacy will benefit from:
- 24/7 support from your own qualified Health & Safety Consultant with experience implementing best practice within a pharmacy environment, who will help you to comply with all necessary regulations as your legally-required competent person.
- An initial visit to the pharmacy to conduct a combined General and Fire Risk Assessment’ which is bespoke to the Pharmacy setting, followed by subsequent annual visits to review and update your Health & Safety Management System.
- In between visits, unlimited telephone and email support to answer any queries, offer reassurance, and help you identify proportionate, sensible solutions your health and safety challenges.
- A bespoke action plan to align your pharmacy to GPhC inspection standards.
- A bespoke Health & Safety Policy and Health & Safety Handbook to outline your approach to managing risk and promote best practice, covering key areas such as accidents and incidents, COSHH, DSE, electricity, fire, first aid, manual handling, safe use of equipment, risk assessment and waste.
- Any-time access to your own dedicated online portal containing all your important documents plus our award-winning health and safety compliance software and library of practical guidance notes and helpful templates.
- Six key e-Learning modules to upskill your staff in essential topics, plus regular practical webinars and email updates on legislation and best practice.
- Emergency assistance in the event of enforcement visits and accident investigations.
“It is important to have quality advice with a commercial focus from a reputable provider who understands the pharmacy sector and has GPhC regulatory knowledge. The One2One service has assisted with cost savings as it removes the need to employ a qualified Health & Safety expert in-house. I have the peace of mind that all of the pharmacies are managing their obligations and have the policies, handbooks and assessments in place”. Jay Badenhorst, Managing Director, Whitworth Pharmacy
Specialists in the independent community pharmacy sector
Ellis Whittam is the leading provider of Employment Law and Health & Safety advice to UK pharmacies and has supported NPA members for over a decade. As such, you can be assured that your dedicated adviser will have in-depth experience and specialist expertise working with other pharmacies. We understand that you are operating in a challenging and highly-regulated environment; we will support you and relieve some of your legal and GPhC compliance burdens so that you can protect your people, patients and customers and focus on delivering your core pharmacy services.
Protection against claims and enforcement action
Average fines for health and safety breaches have risen 381% since sentencing guidelines were introduced in 2016 and Fee for Intervention charges could see employers charged £157 an hour if the regulator becomes involved in investigating a breach of health and safety law.
As well as helping you to maintain compliance, our optional FCA-regulated LEI for non-pharmacy staff covers your legal costs in the event of health and safety prosecution and fees imposed by the enforcing authority.
Over 50% of independent community pharmacists have used or are using Ellis Whittam, the experts behind the One2One service.
To find out more about our One2One support, call 0345 226 8393.
£700 + VAT per pharmacy site
Bespoke pricing for multiple sites of 5+