Asthma review + personalised asthma action plan for children and spacer device.
- The asthma review requirements have changed – see page 36 of the QP guidance for more details
- You can still claim if no patient has been identified for referral as long as you evidence that the necessary steps were followed to do so, including documenting the intervention on the patient’s medication record or similar
The NPA has produced the following resources for contractors:
- Asthma review: referral log – a table to log eligible patients that have been referred to their local GP surgery; this can be used as supporting evidence for having met the asthma review criteria
- Asthma review: poster – a poster to make patients aware that they can speak to their pharmacist regarding their inhaler technique
- Asthma review: GP referral form – a template form that can be used to refer suitable patients to their GP