Health Education Foundation
Applications for 2019 are now open.
The NPA's Health Education Foundation has been successfully supporting pharmacists to undertake community pharmacy practice research for ten years.
The NPA’s Health Education Foundation (HEF) was established in 1989 to advance public education in the prevention and proper treatment of disease and ill health.
HEF has been successfully supporting community pharmacy practice research for ten years. The annual £10,000 bursary aims to encourage pharmacists to undertake research in this area.
View some of the research produced by previous bursary recipients:
- Do Community Pharmacy Placements Support the new Integrated Approach to Pharmacy Education?
- Preventing Hospital Admissions: Evaluation of the Pharmacy Reablement Service
- Evaluation of NHS Health Checks in Community Pharmacy
- A systematic review of health literacy measures to inform the design of a novel community pharmacy intervention
- Impact of community pharmacy supporting vulnerable patients post-discharge on re-admission rates
- Bann Area, Northern Ireland, Cardio Health (BACH) Project 2014. Does a community pharmacy health screening programme identify risk factors for CVD and improve outcomes for patients
- Can social media be used to promote public health in pharmacy
Would you like to help the Health Foundation fund its work?
The Health Education foundation is a registered charity and relies on the generous support of pharmacists and the public to continue its good work.
The aim of the charity is the relief of sickness and preservation and protection of health in particular by advancing public education in the prevention and proper treatment of disease and ill health and the correct use of medicines and other forms of therapy.