This new course meets the minimum training requirements outlined by the GPhC for staff working on the medicines counter and undertaking dispensing activities. It has been designed to help students ease into their role and gain confidence in the dispensary and over the counter.
This course is accredited by the GPhC, and it provides learners with the skills and knowledge relating to legal aspects and procedures within the dispensary, as well as common over-the-counter knowledge.
This course is suitable for pharmacy staff planning on undertaking dispensing activities and working on the medicines counter. This comprehensive course also serves as a great stepping stone for progression onto pre-registration pharmacy technician training and a career as a pharmacy technician.
Distance learning in a modular format complete with learning resources comprising inter-text activities and formal assessments based on multiple choice questions/case studies to formally assess the learning. Course covers the following topics:
- Over-the-counter medications for common conditions
- Dispensing and stock control
- Pharmacy practice and procedures
- Law and ethics
- Drug Tariff
The course consists of six, well-presented modules. The estimated study time to complete each module is 20 hours. This can be divided to suit the learner and the pharmacy.
The assessments include:
- Inter-text exercises and questions throughout
- Module 1: Multiple choice questions
- Module 2: Multiple choice questions
- Module 3: Workbook completion
- Module 4: Workbook completion and calculations
- Module 5: Case studies and multiple choice questions
- Module 6: Case studies and multiple choice questions
Upon successful completion of Modules 1-6, an end of course certificate will be provided from the NPA as well as a progress report.
6- 18 months
Applications accepted throughtout the year.