The NPA’s GPhC accredited course was the first in the market developed specifically for staff that deliver medicines to patients. The course is fully accredited by the GPhC as meeting the minimum training requirements. The course provides staff with critical knowledge on delivering medicines to ensure the safety of patients and reduce the risk of errors. The course helps to enhance customer service to housebound patients, increase job satisfaction of your extended team and provides evidence of staff competency.
- This training is the first for delivery drivers and the only such resource to be accredited by the GPhC
- As well as covering the rules and regulations, the course will also aid development of soft skills for building relationships with GPs and managers
- Course materials provided can be used as a reference source when supporting patients.
This course is suitable for any staff member who collects prescriptions and delivers medicines to patients.
Distance learning course comprising several activities and scenarios covering the following:
- Essentials of pharmacy practice
- Delivering a good service to customers
- Working as part of a team
- Health and safety
- Medicines in transit
The estimated study time to complete this course is 15 hours and requires learners to:
- Complete workbook activities
- Submit the completed workbook to a marker, including the marking form completed by the supervising pharmacist
The activities and scenarios throughout the workbook will form the assessment. This will be sent to the allocated external NPA marker who will grade and provide feedback on the quality of the work.
Upon successful completion of the course a certificate of completion will be provided.
Certificate to show completion of relevant unit(s) to meet the General Pharmaceutical Council requirements for the safe delivery of prescribed medicines
Applications accepted throughout the year
£50 + VAT
£75 + VAT