Delivering Medicines Safely & Effectively
GPhC accredited training to upskill and develop staff who deliver medicines to patients' homes - providing critical knowledge to ensure the safety of your patients and reduce the risk of errors.
Who is this course suitable for?
Designed for any member of staff that collect prescriptions from the surgery and deliver medicines to patients’ homes.
Benefits of this course
- This training is the first for delivery drivers and the only such resource to be accredited by the GPhC
- As well as covering the rules and regulations, the course will also aid development of soft skills such as how to build relationships with GPs and managers
- Course materials provided can be used as a reference source when supporting patients
- Our dedicated team of experts are on hand to support you throughout the course
Although every pharmacy is different and has different policies for dealing with issues around delivering medicines, this module outlines the essential rules and regulations that apply.
This course consists of single self study modules split into 4 sections:
- Essentials of pharmacy practice – rules, regulations and ethical obligations of a delivery driver, SOPs, maintaining confidentiality, responsible pharmacist regulations and what it means for delivery drivers
- Delivering a good service to customers – importance of customer service, communication skills, dealing with conflict and complaints
- Working as part of a team – other roles within pharmacy and limits of the delivery role
- Health and Safety – storing medicines correctly, factors that can affect the stability of medicines and health and safety responsibilities of you and your employer
The estimated study time to complete this modules is 15 hours and requires learners to:
- Complete workbook activities
- Submit the completed workbook to a marker, including the marking form completed by the supervising pharmacist
The activities and scenarios throughout the workbook will form the assessment. This will be sent to the allocated external NPA marker who will grade and provide feedback on the quality of the work.
Upon successful completion of the course a certificate of completion will be provided.
£50 + VAT
Enrolments onto this course are accepted throughout the year.
Please note: The price shown is for NPA members, non member enrolments will incur a 50% mark up on the advertised cost. The cost of the course will be invoiced to your employer.