The NPA’s market leading Medicines Counter Assistant course meets the minimum training requirements outlined by the GPhC for staff working on the medicines counter. This fully accredited course provides essential knowledge required to sell medicines over the counter and provide appropriate healthcare advice. Interact provides flexible learning at a pace that suits the pharmacy and the learner. Every learner has their own copy of the complete course materials, empowering them to study, learn and have their own personal reference source of information when supporting customers and patients.
- Supports the learner to improve product knowledge and develop confidence on the medicine counter.
- Course materials can be used as a personal reference source when supporting patients.
- All course materials are sent together, providing flexible learning at a pace that suits the pharmacy and the learner.
This course is suitable for any member of staff wishing to work on the medicines counter.
Distance learning course consisting of practice-based activities and two assessments comprised of multiple choice questions covering the following topics:
- Colds, coughs and hay fever
- Indigestion, heartburn and constipation
- Women’s health and child health
- Skin, feet and men’s health
- Eyes, ears and mouth
- Holiday healthcare and healthy living
- Veterinary medicines
This course can take between 6–12 months to complete and you will be tested using a range of methods including:
- Multiple choice questions at the end of each module
- Activities to complete in the pharmacy
- 50 assessment multiple choice questions after module five and module 10
The assessment multiple choice questions will be independently assessed by the NPA. The NPA reserves the right to request randomly selected students’ course work to ensure you have completed the activities and multiple choice questions in each module.
Upon successful completion of the course, a certificate of completion will be provided.
Certificate to show completion of relevant unit(s) to meet the General Pharmaceutical Council requirements for working on the medicines counter.
6 - 12 months
Applications accepted throughout the year
£79 + VAT
£118.50 + VAT
£55 + VAT
£82.50 + VAT