Medicines Counter Assistant Course (Pharmacy Interact)
Fully accredited by the GPhC as meeting the minimum training required for staff working on the medicines counter.
This course can be studied over a six month to one year period, enabling learning at a pace that suits the learner and the pharmacy.
Who is this course suitable for?
- Medicine counter staff
- Saturday and evening staff over the age of 16
Benefits of this course
- Course materials can be used as a personal reference source when supporting patients
- All course materials are sent together, providing flexible learning at a pace that suits the pharmacy and the learner
- Supports the learner to improve product knowledge and develop confidence on the medicine counter
- Our dedicated team of experts are on hand to support you throughout the course
The Interact course consists of two parts. Part A contains six chapters and Part B contains five chapters. Both Part A and B booklets are sent out together.
The course covers the following:
- Cough, colds and hay fever
- Indigestion, heartburn and constipation
- Women’s health & child health
- Skin, feet & men’s health
- Eyes, ears & mouth
- Healthy living & holiday healthcare
- Pet medicines
This course can take between 6 – 12 months to complete and you will be tested using a range of methods including:
- Multiple choice questions at the end of each module
- Activities to complete in the pharmacy
- 50 assessment multiple choice questions after module five and module 10
The assessment multiple choice questions will be independently assessed by the NPA. The NPA reserve the right to request randomly selected students’ course work to ensure you have completed the activities and multiple choice questions in each module.
Upon successful completion of the course, a certificate of completion will be provided.
Enrolments onto this course are accepted throughout the year.
Special promotion prices applicable from 01 October until 30 November 2018
Please note: The original prices shown are for NPA members, non-member enrolments are available for an additional cost. The cost of the course will be invoiced to your employer.