Campaign to secure the future for independents
The NPA is leading the response of the independent sector to proposals from the Government for ‘efficiencies’ in community pharmacy.
The NPA used the occasion of 1 December (when new funding arrangements took effect), to highlight once again in the media the wrong-headedness of the Government’s approach, promote the benefits of community pharmacy and point to the potential of community pharmacy to do more for patients and the NHS, given the right level of investment. Apart from keeping the heat on the government regarding the cuts, this was a chance to put down a marker about what we would like to see as the future policy and practice agenda for pharmacy.
In the news
The coverage, across TV and radio, succeeded in conveying the broad point that there are two possible futures for community pharmacy – one which makes the most of local pharmacies at the heart of the NHS and one in which locally based care shrinks away and patients suffer the consequences.
- Download a window poster – and raise public awareness
- Dear Patient Notice – hand this to patients who want to know more
- Template Press Column
- Write a personalised letter to your local MP
- Tell us your stories – on the profound benefits of pharmacies for patients and communities
- Complete a short survey – to evidence that pharmacy already does what the Government wants it to do
- Share the Support Your Local Pharmacy website to raise public awareness
- Like and share the SYLP Facebook page
- Use #lovemypharmacy when posting on Twitter
- Share the campaign videos https://youtu.be/s0-u0lWbjR4 and https://youtu.be/xx-pjmrBefo
The future of NPA campaigning
We’d love to hear from you about what you consider should be the NPA’s campaigning priorities in the coming year.
Create your own user feedback survey
Social media assets
Share the Campaign Facebook page: Support Your Local Pharmacy with your patients & customers – we are posting all news stories to this page.
Follow us on Facebook