The Healthy Living Champion Course is a mandatory course for staff supporting the Healthy Living Pharmacy initiative. Healthy Living Champions provide health information and signpost patients to relevant health services to enable them to live healthier lifestyles. Supporting patients and their families with public health messages ensures that your pharmacy is the place to come for complete health and wellbeing advice.
- The investment in support staff to undertake this essential role is critical to help pharmacy business thrive
- Increased public awareness of community pharmacy and wellbeing services
- Opportunity to maximise professional fees and other pharmacy income as a result of increased footfall
- Enhances credibility of pharmacists and pharmacy services with other healthcare professionals as well as the public
- The cost of training includes all course material, RSPH MCQ assessment, certificate, and badge.
The Healthy Living Champion Course is suitable for all pharmacy staff.
Modular workbooks form the Healthy Living Champion Course and contain information and inter-text activities to complete. Certification of this element is provided upon completion of the workbooks and multiple choice question examination which serves as the final assessment. The Healthy Living Champion course is broken down as follows:
- Module 1: Health and health inequalities
- Module 2: Effective communication
- Module 3: Promotion of health and wellbeing
- Module 4: Impact of behaviour change in health and wellbeing
Students enrolled also benefit from a variety of resources.
This course is available in paper and e-learning formats. More details of the NPA Learning Academy, the NPA’s e-learning platform can be found here.
The estimated study time to complete this course is seven hours.
Assessment has to be completed within 45 minutes under the supervision of the pharmacist within your pharmacy. Please note that the MCQ assessment is paper based.
Successful completion of the course provides the learner with a Level 2 qualification in Understanding Health Improvement accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH).
You may also be interested in the NPA’s Healthy Living Pharmacy Leadership training, click here to find out more.
|Promotional offer – limited time only
From 18.10.21 we are offering the HLP Leadership training at half-price (member price normally £60 +VAT) when you buy the Healthy Living Champion eLearning course at the same time. If you wish to take up this offer, please complete the special promotion enrolment form here.
Level 2 qualification in Understanding Health Improvement accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH).
Estimated seven hours
Applications accepted throughout the year
£70 + VAT
£105 + VAT
£60 + VAT
£90 + VAT