Healthy Living Champion Course
Mandatory course for staff supporting the Healthy Living Pharmacy initiative. It is also an invaluable course for all levels of pharmacy support staff supporting health and wellbeing campaigns within the pharmacy.
Health Champions are members of the pharmacy team who will provide customers with advice on health and wellbeing within the communities they serve, providing information and signposting the public to pharmacy services or other NHS services that will help them to adopt healthier lifestyles.
Who is this course suitable for?
Pharmacy staff that interact with patients and customers and are therefore well positioned to support members of the public with health messages.
Benefits of this course
- The investment in support staff to undertake this essential role is critical to help the pharmacy business thrive
- Increased public awareness of community pharmacy and wellbeing services
- Opportunity to maximise professional fees and other pharmacy income as a result of increased footfall
- Enhances credibility of pharmacists and pharmacy services with other healthcare professionals as well as the public
- The cost of training includes all course material, RSPH MCQ assessment, certificate, and badge
- Our dedicated team of experts is on hand to support you throughout the course
The course consists of 4 modules followed by multiple choice question (MCQ) assessment under exam conditions.
The course covers:
- Module 1 – Health & health inequalities
- Module 2 – Effective communication
- Module 3 – Promotion of health & wellbeing
- Module 4 – Impact of behaviour change in health & wellbeing
The Applied Award is a follow-on module from the Healthy Living Champion Course.
The estimated study time to complete this course is 7 hours.
Assessment has to be completed within 45 minutes under the supervision of the pharmacist within your pharmacy. Please note that the MCQ assessment is paper based.
Successful completion of the course provides the learner with a Level 2 qualification in Understanding Health Improvement accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH).
New lower prices
Paper based: £70 + VAT
eLearning: £60 + VAT
Please note: The price shown is for NPA members, non-member enrolments are available for an additional charge. The cost of the course will be invoiced to your employer.