The NPA began life as the Retail Pharmacists Union in 1921 and has since grown to become the leading voice of independent community pharmacy across the UK. throughout the year, the NPA will be planning a series of activities, including special recognition for some of its longest serving members.
Amongst the activities planned are:
- Celebrating the NPA’s longest-standing members
- Consultations with members about the future of independent community pharmacy
- Renewed efforts to recruit the next generation of pharmacists (in partnership with other pharmacy bodies) and engage pharmacy students
- Charity fundraising based on the ‘100’ theme
- An official written history of the NPA’s first 100 years
- Member events in all four countries of the UK.