How long may we keep your personal information for?
We are only allowed to keep your personal information if we need it for one of the reasons mentioned previously. As a general rule, we will keep your information for 7 years from the end of your relationship with us, as it is likely that we will need the information for regulatory reasons or to defend or process a claim. We will also retain data in an anonymous form for statistical and analytical purposes, for example to assess risk of flood damage occurring.
When can you ask us to stop using your data?
If we rely on your consent to collect and process your personal information, you can ask us to stop using your personal information at any time by withdrawing your consent and we will stop using your personal information for these purposes with the exception for the reasons outlined previously namely regulatory purposes, claim management and statistical and analytical purposes.
What happens if you don’t give us some of your personal information?
Where you do not provide the personal information we need in order to provide the service you are asking for or to fulfil a legal requirement, we will not be able to provide the service that you are asking us to give you. We will tell you about why we need the information when we ask for it.
How to contact us about this privacy notice
Our Insurance Service Centre will be able to answer questions about this privacy notice or your requests to exercise your rights which are set out below. Any written enquiries should be address to NPA Insurance, Mallinson House, 38- 42 St Peter’s Street, St Albans, AL1 3NP.
You may contact us at the address above for one or more of the following reasons:
- To ask us to correct information about you that is wrong or incomplete (the so-called “Right to rectification”). You can also call us on 01727 800410 for the same reason, Monday to Friday 9.00 – 17.00.
- To ask us to delete personal information about you (the so-called right to be forgotten).
- To tell us you no longer agree to, that you object to, or that you wish to restrict us using information about you and ask us to stop.
- A right of access, namely to ask us to provide you with a copy of all the personal information that we have about you. To receive this information please write to NPA Insurance at the above address.
- A “data portability” right, namely to obtain the information that you have provided to us for your own purposes across different services. You may ask for this information to be provided directly to you or directly to another organisation. We will provide the information in a readable format