We have been supporting community pharmacies to succeed professionally and commercially for the benefit of their patients, for nearly 100 years. The following services are provided as part of Full Membership:
- Benefit from the best in class Professional Indemnity and Public Liability insurance cover for up to £10 million
- Professional Indemnity and Public Liability Insurance provides cover for NPA members, their employees and engaged locums to protect them in the event of making a professional mistake during the course of their work, together with defence, representation, legal advice and assistance on matters connected with their business and affairs
- You can request a payment plan for fixed prices paid monthly over three years.
- A range of business and personal insurance policies are also available at competitive prices.
Advice and support
- A dedicated team of pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and industry experts are on hand to provide you with personalised advice on any clinical, practice, legal or supply issue.
- You will also have access to our free 24/7 Employment and Health and Safety Advisory Service, provided by Ellis Whittam, who are on hand to support you with your queries
- A Clearing House service to help with large payments
- Free subscription to Check 34 to analyse your prescription income.
- Free subscription to the NPA CPD Hub, provided by The Pharmacy Network, to manage all your Pharmacy Teams’ CPD time, and submit re-validation to the GPhC.
- Exclusive access to a wealth of resources on clinical, professional and business matters.
- A range of free services are also available to help save you costs and expand your business.
The NPA provides leadership, voice and innovation for independent community pharmacies on policy, practice and legislative issues.
Being an NPA member gives you the opportunity to shape your profession by having your say via:
NPA Members are kept up-to-date with the latest industry news, business insights, reviews and exclusive offers via:
- inpharmacy – our quarterly member magazine
- Resource folders
- Subscription to our email alerts – e.g. drug recalls, product and service information and weekly news
- RSS Feeds
- Member events – annual conference, policy forums, webinars and CPD seminars; which also provide a strategic focal point to meet, share and network with the NPA and other members and communications from NPA’s Board of Management
- Share your views and communicate directly with the NPA and other members by following us on Twitter, connecting on LinkedIn and liking us on Facebook.
As an NPA member you have access to a portfolio of training courses at preferential member prices to develop your career or bring your entire team to the next level, including:
- CPD accredited training courses
- Online professional development resources
- e-learning business skills.
Pharmacy Essentials Range
Members are supported with their everyday purchases of pharmacy essentials through access to exclusive member only discounts on pharmacy essentials from our Webshop available 24 hours a day. The NPA fulfilment service is provided through partners and selected specialist suppliers with whom we have appropriate data sharing agreements to deliver this service to you.
The following services are also available, and require a registration process, in which you will consent for your data to be used to deliver the extra service. This includes:
- Check Rx or Local Market Insights (at an additional charge) to analyse your prescription and services income.
- Subscription to Pro Delivery Manager (at an additional charge) to more effectively manage your medicines delivery service, saving you time and money.
- Access to a range of services from carefully selected business partners to help save you costs and expand your business.