Full Membership services
We have been supporting community pharmacies to succeed professionally and commercially for the benefit of their patients, for nearly 100 years.
For £2.90 / day, the following services are provided as part of Full Membership:
1. Representing You – The NPA provides leadership and a representative voice for independent community pharmacies across the UK, influencing policy, practice, legislative issues, the NHS and public opinion.
- Influencing policy
- Influencing regulations
- Informing the NHS
- Influencing public opinions
- Influencing the wider community pharmacy sector
Review the latest consultations that the NPA are actively working on and take the opportunity to have your say and help shape the future of pharmacy. Being an NPA member also gives you the opportunity to shape your profession by having your say via:
2. Guiding You – With the wealth of experienced industry experts at the NPA, we are in a strong position to provide our members with Pharmacy practice guidance that is top in class, namely:
- Pharmacy services telephone advice line – expert telephone advice from experienced pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and industry experts who are on hand to provide you with personalised advice on any clinical, practice, legal or supply issue
- IRIS – unlimited access to the UK’s largest database of pharmacy information
- GPhC resources – an extensive suite of support and products to help you prepare for an inspection including tips to help you achieve the required standards
- NHS Services – to help you with SCR, EPS, Murs, NMS and DMR (Wales)
- Travel Health – latest information on malaria prophylaxis and vaccination requirements
- Patient safety – The NPA patient safety reporting form is quick and convenient to use. Before submitting, the form can be printed, or emailed, to be kept in-line with professional standards. Jasmine Shah (NPA’s Head of Advice & Support Services) is the new Medication Safety Officer for independent community pharmacies in England with fewer than 50 branches.
- SOPs – easy to use templates designed specifically for business pharmacists.
3. Protecting You – The NPA is there when you need us most, ensuring that you are protected by experts who care. Professional Indemnity and Public Liability Insurance provides cover for NPA members, their employees and engaged locums to protect them in the event of making a professional mistake during the course of their work, together with defense, representation, legal advice and assistance on matters connected with their business and affairs
- Professional indemnity insurance on claims occurring basis Product and public liability Product liability Legal liability – benefit from the best in class cover for up to £10 million
A range of business and personal insurance policies are also available at competitive prices:
- (General) Business insurance (pharmacy, commercial property, commercial vehicle)
- (General) Personal insurance (house, car, holiday)
4. Training You and Your Staff – dedicated support teams available to answer questions, offer expert advice, share knowledge and experience and offer support throughout all training courses.
- THE NPA CPD Hub gives you access to up-to-date clinical articles, learning records and studies all in one place and records your learning in a personal, secure revalidation record with GPhC approved templates
More Training courses are available at an attractive member preferential rate:
5. Supporting You – The NPA recognises the financial pressures that are upon its members and provide an array of services that help Pharmacy owners manage their pharmacies more efficiently and profitably.
- Employment Law, Health & Safety advisory service – the NPA service, provided by Ellis Whittam entitles you to expert advice 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on (included in membership):
- Employment law (contracts, disciplinary & grievance procedures)
- HR issues – including absence, sickness, holidays and discrimination
- Health & Safety – including manual handling, slips, trips, & fall
- Access to Data products
- Check34 (England) – these services are not currently available through your NPA membership. A new data analysis service will be provided as part of your NPA membership in the near future. For further information, please call Member Services on 01727 800402.
- Marketing materials – to help promote your pharmacy services, including your online social presence
- NPA vouchers
More products and services are available at an attractive member preferential rate:
- Access to Data products
- CheckRx (England) – these services are not currently available through your NPA membership. A new data analysis service will be provided as part of your NPA membership in the near future. For further information, please call Member Services on 01727 800402.
- Local Market Insight (LMI) (Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales) – analytics tool that gives you access to unique information about your pharmacy.
- Prescription drop-off service – in partnership with Royal Mail you can easily manager your end of month prescriptions.
- Pro Delivery Manager – Designed for pharmacies who run their own delivery service for an established customer base, Pro Delivery Manager (PDM) is a delivery tracking app which enables you to improve the efficiency of your local delivery service, providing cost savings and enhanced customer relations.
- Clearing House service – Offering one clearing per month to help with large payments
- Business Partners – over 30 carefully vetted Business Partners who can support you with a variety of business functions so you can be assured that you are using a reputable, reliable and trusted supplier
- Pharmacy Essentials – Search over 700 products to help you run your pharmacy with EMT Healthcare as well as an array of services with Lyreco
6. Informing You – The NPA is at the forefront of the latest industry news which it communicates to its members, adding valuable and practical support information that helps them with the next steps. Regular events, including the annual NPA Conference are also organised to bring together industry experts and members to discuss the latest topics.
- InPharmacy magazine – our quarterly member magazine
- Independent Community Pharmacy magazine – 8 page supplement
- News stories – covering a wide range of topics from the Pharmaceutical industry such FMD, Brexit, Pharmacy Integration fund, CPCF, CPCS
- NPA Events, Forums, and Workshops – provide a strategic focal point to meet, share and network with the NPA and other members and communications from NPA’s Board of Management (some offered at a preferential member rate)
- Health Industry campaigns – Be part of the annual Ask Your Pharmacist (AYP) week as well as many more industry events that bring Independent Community Pharmacies together
- Webinars – covering a wide range of topics by industry experts which give you an opportunity to put forward your questions
- Emails that cover subjects that matter to you such as the latest consultations, Learning & Development courses, Pharmacy Essentials offers and much more
- FAQs – concise information that