Campaign to secure the future for independents
The NPA is leading the response of the independent sector to proposals from the Government for ‘efficiencies’ in community pharmacy.
We are asking pharmacy teams to help gather evidence to show politicians and officials that local pharmacies are much more than just a distribution point for medicines.
Get involved by the following:
- Download a window poster – and raise public awareness
- Dear Patient Notice – hand this to patients who want to know more
- Template Press Column
- Write a personalised letter to your local MP
- Tell us your stories – on the profound benefits of pharmacies for patients and communities
- Complete a short survey – to evidence that pharmacy already does what the Government wants it to do
- Share the Support Your Local Pharmacy website to raise public awareness
- Like and share the SYLP Facebook page
- Use #lovemypharmacy when posting on Twitter
- Share the campaign videos https://youtu.be/s0-u0lWbjR4 and https://youtu.be/xx-pjmrBefo
- Email your MP tool – NEW
- Social media assets – NEW
Story so far…
The Government has announced a series of proposals to combine funding cuts with a set of proposals for productivity gains. We believe the proposals rest upon an unproven evidence base and ignore the truly transformational opportunities in community pharmacy.
The NPA is pursuing a three-pronged approach to tackle these proposals:
- Challenging the current direction of DH/NHS policy
- Helping independents adapt to meet evolving patient expectations and to incorporate new technologies into business and practice
- Developing new services for NPA members that focus on the financial bottom line
Stay up to date with the latest information on the Government’s proposals by signing up for campaign update email alerts.
Responses from other organisations
Share the Campaign Facebook page: Support Your Local Pharmacy with your patients & customers – we are posting all news stories to this page.
Follow us on Facebook
Join the NPA
We want to rally all independents to the cause and we guarantee that former members will be welcome home with open arms: there has never been a more important time to show solidarity with your fellow independents.