Abersychan Pharmacy is a busy, progressive Independent Community Pharmacy serving the needs of the population across a Gwent valley. Our very experienced pharmacy team are committed to providing quality pharmacy services in the heart of our community. We have a strong reputation for excellent customer service and provide a personal touch to ensure all our customers get the help, advice and support they require to get the most from their medicines.
We offer a wide range of services in a friendly and professional environment including the following enhanced services: Choose Pharmacy- Common Ailments, Supervised Consumption, Level 2+3 Smoking Cessation, Emergency Contraception, Flu Vaccination, Palliative Care, and Medication Administration Service, as well as the usual range of Advanced Services.
As Pharmacy Manager you will take on the responsibility for developing and leading the pharmacy team to excel in the delivery of existing and new clinical services to help improve health outcomes in line with Welsh Government policy set out in Taking Wales Forward. This will include developing further our strong links with local GP Practices, Social Services and District Nurses.
Your role will be fully supported by the Superintendent Pharmacist, an Accredited Checking Technician, a pre-registration Technician, five Dispensers, and a Delivery Driver. There will be no need to be involved in the retail side of the business other than OTC recommendations. Paperwork and involvement in the retail side will be kept to a minimum so complete focus can be given to developing and delivering pharmacy services.
If you are the person we are looking for then you will be able to:
• Provide a safe an efficient Pharmaceutical Service in a busy, demanding environment.
• Enthusiastically lead the Pharmacy Team to deliver quality pharmacy services, ensuring compliance with SOPs, SLAs and PGDs
• Demonstrate a desire and ability to improve the well-being of the local community and beyond.
• Effectively manage workload to ensure opportunities for remuneration are acheived.
• Acquire and maintain NESA accreditation to provide the full range of pharmacy services commissioned by ABUHB on behalf of NHS Wales.
• Keep up to date with CPD in line with GPhC requirements.
• Work with the Superintendent Pharmacist to identify and implement opportunities to develop
• Understand the direction of travel for primary care services in Wales and be innovative in approach to providing pharmacy services within this setting.
• Project a confident, positive image to our customers to strengthen and maintain loyalty.
• Display a friendly and outgoing personality with strong communication skills.
• Show a ‘Can Do’ attitude to overcome challenges and motivate the pharmacy team.
• Lead by example by setting high standards throughout.
• Play a major part in helping us to succeed with the opportunities ahead to grow the business and make a real difference to the people we serve.