Asterwell Pharmacy – Solihull
Archived on 1 August 2019 – this content has expired.
275 Longmore Road,
2019-2020 Pre-reg Intake
Pre-Registration Pharmacist 2019/20
• To assist in the operations and dispensing of prescriptions and the supply of pharmaceutical products including controlled drugs and appliances ensuring safety and clinical appropriateness
• Responds to symptoms and recommends appropriate OTC medication
• Counsel and advice patients appropriately under supervision
• Deal with customer complaints promptly and efficiently in accordance with company policy
• Works within legal, ethical and governance framework keeping abreast of current changes
• Develop good management, leadership and communication skills to prepare for the future role as a qualified pharmacist
• To participate in the training programme as required by the General Pharmaceutical Council and prepare for the pre-registration examination
• To be responsible for self-directed learning to support the collection of a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate competence and participate in appraisals with the pre-registration tutor as per company guidance and GPhC programme compliance
• To attend study days and complete pre and post-study assignments organised by NPA
• To develop knowledge and skills within each competency areas as mapped to GPhC performance standards
• To plan own workload and study time to develop organisational skills and support the provision of a timely pharmaceutical service
• To participate in Audit as instructed by the pre-registration tutor to comply with the requirements of the GPhC training programme
• To communicate and liaise effectively with other members of the healthcare professions and build relationships with external organisations such as GP surgeries and area teams
• Ensure that the branch is open for trading and dispensing of prescriptions during the registered opening hours
• Respect confidentiality of information concerning customers and staff in accordance with the Data Protection Act
• Maintain confidentiality of company policies and figure statistics.• Ensure all prescriptions are fully and accurately endorsed
• Complete all NHS paperwork requirements accurately on time
A Successful candidate should have a MPharm degree
Preferred start date 01/08/2019
We offer an excellent training programme in line with National Pharmacy Association (NPA) who provide a monthly study day with additional webinars and access to a learning zone covering a wide range of topics to help you prepare for the pre-registration exam. Furthermore, each week the student will be allocated three hours study time to help with the studying. A 4-week holiday including bank holidays will also be provided.
The pharmacy has excellent links with local GP surgeries and the candidate will be offered placement time at the surgeries. The pharmacy staff consist of a pharmacist and two dispensing assistants, delivery driver.
The trainee will benefit from an experienced independent prescribing pharmacist who has been qualified for 9 years and has trained two previous pre-registration pharmacists. Furthermore, pharmacy premises have been approved by GPHC until 30/11/2021
2019/20 Pre-registration Pharmacist required. Application closing date 01/08/2019.