About the role
Asterwell Pharmacy is a busy community pharmacy located in Solihull. As a valued member of our pharmacy team, you will help ensure that our customers and patients get the best possible service every time they visit one of our store. Through your passion to deliver a great healthcare service and your ability to provide professional advice, you’ll play an important role in your local community. The knowledge you gain at the pharmacy will enable you to deliver products and services that have a direct, positive impact on people’s lives.
As a member of our pharmacy support team in one of our pharmacy, your main responsibility will be to assist with the day to day running of the pharmacy to maintain excellent service to customers and patients. Whether you are a Technician or Trainee, your contribution will quickly become invaluable.
These are enjoyable and highly responsible roles for candidates with excellent attention to detail, the ability to work quickly and accurately at all times and the ability to build rapport with both colleagues and patients.
The applicant must be willing to learn and adapt new skills to their work. They must be able to work in a busy environment and add the experience they have to the rest of the team. The applicant must be able to work in an organised manner both alone and as part of a team and must be able to adapt to new challenges that are put in front of you.
The position will require concentration, accuracy and a good eye for detail.
This position is for start ASAP and the usual working hours would be:
- Monday – Friday 9 to 7, 1 hour unpaid break
- Saturday – 9am – 1pm (1 in 3 shifts/ alternating)
- Contract Hours: 39 hours a week (full-time position)
Your main roles and responsibilities will include:
- Main duties will include all aspects of dispensing, customer service and retail sales
- Endorse, label and dispense prescriptions
- All Aspects of work related to blister pack production
- Ordering medication
- Create and update patient medication records
- Request prescriptions
- Undertake housekeeping duties to ensure the pharmacy remains clean and tidy
- Performs administrative duties, including answering phones, receiving and inputting prescription orders, operating cash registers, and restocking inventor
- Regular stock and date checking in the pharmacy
- Help out with deliveries in case of emergencies and visit local surgeries to collect prescriptions
- We would appreciate you contact us for any queries regarding this job via our email due to our phone lines and store being very busy during these challenging COVID-19 times