Archived on 15 September 2019 – this content has expired.
275 Longmore Road
Asterwell Pharmacy is a busy community pharmacy located in Solihull. We are looking for an experienced pharmacy dispenser with a friendly, caring and professional attitude to join our pharmacy team.
The candidate must have at least 3 year’s experience working within either a community pharmacy. The applicant must be willing to learn and adapt new skills to their work. They must be able to work in a busy environment and add the experience they have to the rest of the team. The applicant must be able to work in an organised manner both alone and as part of a team and must be able to adapt to new challenges that are put in front of you.
The position will require concentration, accuracy and a good eye for detail.
This position is for start 1st October 2019 and the usual working hours would be:
- Monday -Wednesday 9am -6pm
- Saturday – 9am – 1pm (1 in 3 shifts/ alternating )
Contract Hours: 24 hours a week (full-time position)
Your main roles and responsibilities will include:
- Main duties will include all aspects of dispensing, customer service and retail sales
- Endorse, label and dispense prescriptions
- Ordering medication
- Create and update patient medication records
- Request prescriptions
- Undertake housekeeping duties to ensure the pharmacy remains clean and tidy
- Performs administrative duties, including answering phones, receiving and inputting prescription orders, operating cash registers, and restocking inventory
- Regular stock and date checking in the pharmacy
- Help out with deliveries in case of emergencies and visit local surgeries to collect prescriptions
4 weeks paid holiday + bank holidays (worked out on a pro-rata basis)
Dispenser required. Application closing date 15/09/2019.