At Bricket Wood Pharmacy we provide a variety of Private and NHS services such as MURs, NMS, NUMSAS, Flu Vacs, Chlamydia screening, NRT vouchers, Care Home dispensing etc..
– Applicant must support day to day running of the pharmacy.
– Develop clinical knowledge, dealing with prescription interventions, provide advice to patients on Minor Ailments and provide healthy living advice.
– Prepare or direct the preparation of prescribed medicaments in liquid, powder, tablet, ointment or other form following prescriptions issued by medical doctors and other health professionals;
– Advise health professionals on the selection and appropriate use of medicines;
– Highlights a drug’s potential side effects, identifies harmful interactions with other drugs and assesses the suitability of treatments for patients with particular health conditions;
– Check that recommended doses are not being exceeded and that instructions are understood by patients;
– Maintains prescription files and record issue of drugs/medicines;
– Ensures that drugs and medicaments are in good supply and are stored properly.
– Participate in record-keeping requirements.
Applicant will be enrolled on an external training course to support preparation for Pre-Registration exam.
This position if for 37.5 hours per week at Bricket Wood Pharmacy for 52 week contract.
Start Date for this position is negotiable however must be before 8th November 2019.
Skills, Qualifications or Experience Required:
Applicant must have the following qualification at start of employment: Master of Pharmacy Degree or PGDip (Post-Graudate Diploma) or OSPAP (Overseas Pharmacist Assessment Programme) or any other qualification recognised by General Pharmaceutical Council. Pharmacy experience preferred but not essential. Applicant must have good communicational and organisational skills.
Posting date of advert: 08th July 2019