Bridlington late night pharmacy – Bridlington
Yorkshire & The Humber
2017-2018 Pre-reg Intake
Job Description Post Title: Pre-Registration Pharmacist
Salary: £ 25,300 /- annum
Responsible to: Pharmacist Manager
Hours: 37.5 Hours/week
Supervision Responsibility: None
Start Date: 08/02/2017
End Date: 10/03/2017
Main tasks, Duties & overview of responsibilities:
• To support compliance with all statutory and professional requirements of a registered retail pharmacy business.
• To develop competence through training and regular appraisals such that customers and patients receive an excellent professional and caring service.
• To develop good management practice through compliance with company systems and procedures, effective use of resources, and following Pre-registration Tutor instruction and guidance.
• To support maximization of NHS and retail turnover and profitability of the business.
• To assist in the operations and dispensing of prescriptions and the supply of pharmaceutical products including controlled drugs and appliances ensuring safety and clinical appropriateness.
• Responds to symptoms and recommends appropriate OTC medication.
• Counsel and advice patients appropriately under supervision.
• Works within legal, ethical and governance framework keeping abreast of current changes.
• Develop good management, leadership and communication skills to prepare for future role as a qualified pharmacist.
• To participate in the training programme as required by the General Pharmaceutical Council and prepare for the pre-registration examination.
• To be responsible for self-directed learning to support the collection of a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate competence and participate in appraisals with the pre-registration tutor as per company guidance and GPhC programme compliance.
• To attend study days and complete pre and post study assignments organised by NPA
• To develop knowledge and skills within each competency areas as mapped to GPhC performance standards.
• To plan own workload and study time to develop organizational skills and support the provision of a timely pharmaceutical service.
• To communicate and liaise effectively with other members of the healthcare professions and build relationships with external organizations such as GP surgeries and area teams
• Ensure that the branch is open for trading and dispensing of prescriptions during the registered opening hours.
• Respect confidentiality of information concerning customers and staff in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
• Maintain confidentiality of company policies and figure statistics.
• Ensure all prescriptions are fully and accurately endorsed.
• Complete all NHS/Area teams paperwork requirements accurately on time
• Deal with customer complaints promptly and efficiently in accordance with company policy.
Review full job description
Pre-registration pharmacist required. Application closing date: 16.03.2017