The post is to provide support for a three surgery (PCN) which has a combined list size of over 36,000 patients. The contract will be for permanent position with a six month probation period to enable the PCN to review the clinical workload.To support the clinical teams by providing a patient facing role for medicines optimisation and advice in a primary care setting, ensuring the highest standards of care for all registered and temporary patients.
The post holder will be supported to develop their role to become a non-medical prescriber, if that qualification is not already held.
• Face to face or telephone consultations with patients across the PCN.
• Engage and manage aspects of the Quality and Outcomes Framework for the practices.
• Reconcile medicines following discharge from hospitals, intermediate care and into Care Homes
• Management of minor illness and self-limiting conditions.
• Monitoring and reviewing pathology results required for certain medication.
• Review patients and help to manage their own conditions, including seeing patients with long term conditions where appropriate including blood pressure monitoring, asthma checks and inhaler technique, smoking cessation advice, use of epipen’s and others as relevant.
• Liaise with stakeholders involved in patients’ care to provide holistic management.
• Respond to patient discharge from hospital, liaising with local pharmacies to resolve medicines related problems and improve patient outcomes
• See new patients registering within the Practice and review medication, BP and relevant bloods if not done so at their previous practices.
• Review care plans in patients with long term conditions
• Manage polypharmacy by reducing medications where appropriate.
• Support prescribing and medication reviews in nursing homes, residential homes and palliative care patients.
• Review housebound patients with visits, for medication reviews, chronic disease management and giving flu vaccinations.
For full job description click here.