We are an independent pharmacy based in West London and have been trading for over 35 years. We are revered in our locality due to the range and quality of services we offer so much so we have been put forward for numerous awards…runner up for the best pharmacy in the UK in the C&D and the Alliance & Healthcare awards. Winner in the National Pharmacy Association awards 2016 where Bush Pharmacy was awarded Best independent pharmacy in the UK for innovation and healthcare services. Bush Pharmacy has beat all the multiples year on year to be awarded the most engaged pharmacy in our borough in particular recognition for our efforts in smoking cessation across the borough. We have links with BBC and have been involved in news, documentaries and staging health roadshows for the BBC. With a coveted public profile we will require a candidate to match. A range of services are available at Bush Pharmacy, of course the usual NMS, MUR are on offer but we are also involved in the NUMAS and the Transforming Community Equipment scheme. We are also provide travel healthcare services and are registered with NATHNAC as a yellow fever clinic. Due to our public standing we are often front of the line to pilot services like our recent involvement with Kings University in alcohol behavioural screening or our current stroke screening programme which has proved to be a great success in identifying patients who are at high risk of getting a stroke.
We are seeking a highly capable Pharmacy Graduate, who is interested in not only developing to a standard which will allow them to register and practice as a Pharmacist, but in developing the clinical, interpersonal and business skills which will be required of the Pharmacists of tomorrow.
We are a progressive, forward thinking Practice, not just a retail premises and a dispensary. Such we are looking for a pro-active, enthusiastic and hard working pre-registration student to work in a busy community pharmacy. You will be working with two experienced pharmacists and excellent support staff that include technicians and dispensers .Our training is supplemented with a highly rated external training programme which includes study days covering topics such as calculations, clinical activities and mock exam practice. Key points we would like in a pre reg:
• Previous community pharmacy work experience.
• Management and organisational skills – keen to lead and develop pharmacy staff including dispensers and assistants to meet targets and deliver outstanding service to the local community.
• An excellent communicator who is confident at networking and building a relationship with patients and local healthcare professionals in the community.
• Service-focused and enthusiastic for the new pharmacy contract. Keen to develop and grow services.
• Self-motivated, uses initiative, prioritise workload and achieves optimum levels of personal effectiveness.
Key responsibilities include:
• You will work within an ever changing and dynamic environment, ensuring expert care and service is delivered at all times, with an adaptable and proactive mind-set
• Working in partnership with the healthcare team using your own intuition, expertise and experience to deliver complete care solutions for our customers and patients
• Setting the standard of what a brilliant pharmacy ‘looks and feels like’ from an operational perspective by working in partnership with your pharmacy technicians
• Delivering the pharmacy strategy through care conversations with customers and patients providing expert advice throughout
• Accountable for professional pharmacy legal & ethical decisions in the pharmacy
• Actively supporting the development, education & training of colleagues; building pharmacy capability of store teams
• Conducting regular reviews, audits and risk assessments to protect patient and public safety
• Work to deliver world class professional services – personally and through the pharmacy team
• To learn the business side of managing & running a community pharmacy.
• Patient home visits and nursing home management
What is in it for you:
• You’ll be working in a fast paced, inspiring environment that allows you to deliver genuine care and build great relationships with your patients and your team.
• External pre-reg training course plus 5 hrs dedicated study leave per week.
• One to one tutoring sessions on a regular basis. Staffing structure which is conducive to pre registration training.
• Opportunity to work as a locum or regular days post qualification, and extend qualifications to travel health and other areas.
• We are passionate about pharmacy and with a real interest in training pharmacists fit for the future.
• Our Programme is designed to give you the perfect foundation, providing you with the training and support you need to develop your skills, build your clinical and management knowledge and develop you as an all-round pharmacist