Archived on 2 August 2021 – this content has expired.
47 Roman Way,
2021 - 2022 Pre-reg intake
Pre-Registration Pharmacist 2021/22
We have a vacancy for 2021-22 intake (August 2021 start) for a pre-registration trainee pharmacist at Carters Chemist.
The pharmacy is situated in a thriving part of Islington, close to Caledonian Road Station and Highbury & Islington station
We have great support staff including regular pharmacist, registered technician, dispenser, counter assistant and provide an excellent learning and development environment.
Our Pre-Registration Programme – A varied programme to enable you to:
- Be tutored and mentored by a highly experienced full-time Pharmacist Manager
- Gain valuable experience of community pharmacy in a friendly working environment
- Train alongside other experienced full-time dispensary and counter staff
- Be fully involved in providing all the pharmacy services, including provision of advice and product recommendations to patients who present at the counter with minor ailments
- Experience a broad range of dispensing (electronic prescriptions, NHS & private & veterinary, repeat dispensing, CDs and dossett boxes)
- Experience and learn how to provide MURs, NMS, NUMSAS, Flu vaccination, Smoking Cessation, Supervised Methadone Consumption and Needle Exchange. You’ll also learn how to operate a Healthy Living Pharmacy
There are off-site training days to learn and to meet the other pre-reg trainees and to assist in passing the GPhC pre-registration exam.
- Management & retail experience
- First aid course
- Off-the-job training workshops including:
- Law and ethics
- Drug tariff
- OTC advice
- Pre-reg exam training
- Training days from pharmaceutical companies
Unfortunately, we are not able to provide a work permit/Tier 2 Visa. Please only apply if you are a current MPharm student that will be completing their final year of studies in 2021.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary and Benefits
£19,000.00-£24,000.00 per year depending on your experience
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
Additional pay: Bonus scheme
2021/22 Pre-registration Pharmacist required. Application closing date 02/08/2021.