We are hiring for a pharmacy dispenser. This role is to prepare blister packs / dosset boxes using the automation. Full training will be provided on the system. Previous experience working in a community pharmacy and in the preparation of blister packs is preferred.
The pharmacy is situated in a thriving part of Islington, close to Caledonian Road Station and Highbury & Islington station.
Hours – Tuesday to Friday 9am to 6pm and Saturday 9am to 4pm
This vacancy is on a permanent basis, however is conditional upon successfully completing the probationary period.
- Label, dispense and endorse prescriptions in accordance with standard operating procedures to ensure safe supply to patients in an efficient and accurate manner
- Ensure the safe supply and appropriate storage of medicines
- Helps health care providers and patients by greeting them in person and by phone; answering questions and requests; referring inquiries to the pharmacist
- Maintains pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed medications and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; removing outdated drugs
- Receive and hand out prescriptions under the supervision of the Responsible Pharmacist
- Undertake all necessary housekeeping duties so that dispensary and back shop areas are kept clean and tidy
- You must have a passion for Pharmacy, in order to drive the business forward and have great people skills, as this is paramount to your role
In order to be successful you will need to be qualified or currently studying to an NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Pharmacy Services.
Please only apply if you have relevant pharmacy experience.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in the UK, we do not provide visa’s or sponsorships.
Please apply with a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Pharmacy: 2 years (required)