CE Harrod Pharmacy – Fulham
Archived on 30 September 2017 – this content has expired.
207 New Kings Road
Medicine Counter Assistant
Medicines Counter Assistant
Hours 42.5hrs per week
Main purpose of the role
The Medicines Counter Assistant will work under the direct supervision of the pharmacist and will carry out day to day activities connected with all retail aspects of the pharmacy and provide advice to customers on the use of pharmacy products as well as on general health and lifestyle relating to the products. The Counter Assistant is the ‘face’ of our business and should exemplify the pharmacy ethos of providing excellent customer service and product knowledge to all customers and health professionals.
- Greet customers and acknowledge their needs and requests.
- Suggest merchandise choice on the basis of a particular customer’s needs.
- Offer advice to customers with regards to services or specific products available.
- Give detailed explanation on benefits of utilizing a particular product.
- Make reference to offers and prices and promotions.
- Receive payment and manage cash handling procedures
- To manage stock control and inventory procedures to maximise availability and minimise waste;
- Check deliveries, merchandise products and ensure retail space is stocked and inviting.
- Building relationships with local surgeries and assisting with prescription collection service.
- To maintain an up-to-date knowledge of products and services through continuing professional development and attending occasional evening training sessions.
- To support pharmacy colleagues and mentor others through the timely completion of training courses;
- To work as part of a team and actively demonstrate a willingness to support and achieve the overall business objectives.
- To adhere to Pharmacy SOPs at all times.
- Strong communication and excellent customer service skills
- NVQ Level 2/3 Medicines Counter Assistance
- Methodical and accurate approach to practical tasks
- Commitment to training and development
- Professional, tactful and friendly attitude
- Excellent team working skills
- IT literate
Medicine Counter Assistant required. Application closing date 30/09/2017.