We have a vacancy for a pre-registration pharmacy student from July 2020 for a 12 month placement based at Charing Practice, Kent.
The Successful candidate will be expected to deliver:
- Maintain an accurate, efficient and professional dispensing service for all of our patients
- Providing world class, friendly OTC advice for our patients
- Dealing with any customer queries efficiently
- Meet the agreed standard operating procedures at all times
- Support the onsite pharmacists in achieving excellence in our customer experience and meeting all legal requirements
Essential skills and requirements:
- Registered with the Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain
- An excellent understanding of providing an enhanced customer experience
- A high standard of English and communication skills
- A good level of maths
- Able to comply fully and understand the importance of customer confidentiality
- Good organisational skills, excellent time management skills and able to work to strict deadlines and multitask
- Able to build relationships with key stake holders (GP surgeries, Practice nurses, District nurses, Care/Nursing homes etc.)
- A willingness to learn and apply new skills
- Who will be proactive in taking ownership of their own learning and development
Full job description can be viewed here.
Charing Practice is a thriving, rural pharmacy attached to a GP practice offering the student both experience in both community and practice based pharmacy.
This is an excellent opportunity for a pre-registration student who is proactive and wants to experience community pharmacy in the best possible primary care setting. The pharmacy is attached to the GP Surgery and gives the opportunity to work closely with the prescribers and a multidisciplinary team based in the surgery. You will have the opportunity to work alongside a very competent team of Pharmacists, ACTs and dispensers.
The pharmacy offers the cutting edge of technology to maintain the highest standards of patient safety, professional and operational standards. You will have the opportunity to work in a friendly environment to learn the importance of accuracy, efficiency and professionalism and a support structure to help you gain valuable skills and knowledge to become a competent pharmacist. You will also have the opportunity to gain experience in pharmacy practice, dealing with prescribing budgets, liaising with the CCG and handling GP queries.
The pharmacy provides a wide range of services including; smoking cessation advice, weight management, MURs, NMS, DRUM’s, MDS, flu jabs, CPCS and warfarin clinic and works closely with the needs of the local community.
You will have a dedicated tutor who will provide support, training and guidance throughout the placement.