Archived on 30 September 2019 – this content has expired.
207 Kenton Road,
2019-2020 Pre-reg Intake
Pre-Registration Pharmacist 2019/20
A one year fixed term contract to meet the requirements of the General Pharmaceutical Council in order to register as a pharmacist.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To complete a structured training programme approved by the GPhC in order to register as a pharmacist.
- To attend necessary study days – for pre-registration training and providing services
- To provide pharmaceutical services and delivery of patient care under supervision
- To be aware of and work within: procedures and policies of the organisation, accepted standards of practice, relevant legislation and regulatory requirements
- To work within legal, ethical and governance framework, keeping abreast with current changes.
- To be responsible for self-directed learning
- To demonstrate competence as specified by the GPhC
- To participate in education and training programmes and other activities to develop knowledge and skills as part of a commitment to continuing professional development
- To review progress regularly with the pre-registration tutor and undertake formal progress reviews as specified by the GPhC, to identify development needs
- To undertake and support quality improvement processes
- To undertake mandatory training as deemed necessary by the organisation
- To practice in accordance with the professional standards set by the GPhC
- To support the day to day running of the pharmacy, including but not limited to: ordering, checking incoming stock, dispensing, expiry checking, providing over the counter advice, liaising with local surgeries, managing repeat prescriptions, handling over the counter trade.
- To respond to symptoms and recommend appropriate OTC medication or referrals
- To understand aspects of safeguarding
- To provide services such as smoking cessation
- To carry out a minimum of one clinical audit
- To carry our necessary duties as per the Wholesale Dealers Authorisation at the pharmacy
- To participate in weekend, bank holiday and late duty work rotas as required
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with the post
- To support maximization of NHS and retail turnover and profitability of the business.
2019/20 Pre-registration Pharmacist required. Application closing date 30/09/2019