Derwent Pharmacy – Malton
UK, Yorkshire & The Humber
We have a vacancy for a pharmacist in our family run independent community pharmacy in the market town of Malton in Ryedale. It is a busy pharmacy that has been owned by our family for over 40 years and is a well established part of the community in Malton. While our dispensing represents a huge part of the business, we also pride ourselves on providing the best service to our patients. With this in mind we are keen to further expand service provision within the pharmacy – especially in areas such as Health Living, New Medicine Service and Flu Vaccinations.
The team within the pharmacy is also well established, with a lot of our staff being part of the business for well over 10 years – some even as long as 40 years! Being located as part of a GP surgery we also see the benefits of working closely with the surgery and other healthcare professionals in the community.
We are looking for a pharmacist for around 25-30 hours per week (mainly in the second half of the week) but the hours could be open to negotiation for the right candidate. We generally run with 2 pharmacists so this could also be a great opportunity for someone newly qualified in gaining experience and learning from our existing pharmacists.
CANDIDATES MUST BE REGISTERED WITH THE GPhC OR DUE TO REGISTER THIS SUMMER TO TAKE UP THE POSITION
We are looking for someone who:
- has a patient-centred approach to pharmacy
- works well in a team environment
- is hardworking and conscientious
- has good communication skills
- works well with other professionals
- is keen to look at new ideas and services
In turn we offer:
- a very competitive hourly rate
- a generous holiday entitlement
- the opportunity to become part of our family based team
- work in a busy and rewarding community pharmacy
- a company pension scheme
- staff discount
- further training opportunities
Pharmacist required. Application closing date 31/08/2020.