We are looking to recruit a Pharmacy ACT Technician/ Dispensing Assistant qualified to NVQ3 or NVQ2 level, for our independent pharmacy based in Bromley (For Full address see below). If not qualified, then training will be offered to achieve qualification for the right candidate.
This position is to be offered as a Full time, Permanent position at
24 Bromley Hill, Bromley, Kent. BR1 4JX
The job role involves all duties expected in the assistance to the running of the dispensary alongside another technician and Pharmacist.
The job role involves:
- Taking in and handing out prescriptions under supervision of a responsible pharmacist
- Dispensing prescriptions under the supervision of a pharmacist
- Using dispensary and stores computer systems to generate stock lists and labels
- Helping to maintain reasonable dispensary stock levels
- Ordering items for use within a department
- Receiving, loading, unloading incoming goods from wholesalers, manufacturers and elsewhere
- Selling over the counter medicines
- Answering queries on the supply and availability of medicines, where this is within their competence
- Responding to telephone and face to face enquiries of a routine nature from patients, their representatives, members of the public and a wide range of staff groups, and referring queries to the relevant member of the pharmacy team when necessary under supervision of a responsible pharmacist
- Drawing any problems identified or queries raised to the attention of pharmacists or pharmacy technicians
We are an independent pharmacy, providing a high-quality service with efficiency and professionalism, yet pride ourselves on being friendly and approachable at the same time. Hence, we are looking for a candidate who can fit into our ethos and standards of practice.
The right candidate will have a proven track record and also be able to contribute in shaping our pharmacy towards the new and evolving direction for community pharmacy.
In return, you will receive an attractive salary, added benefits and also very pleasant working conditions from which to operate. We will also be offering the candidate on-going training to further develop their career.
The successful candidate will certainly realise how rewarding and enjoyable working in a good independent community pharmacy can be.
Experience: GPhC qualified dispenser or equivalent: 1 year
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £13.00 per hour
Full job description can be viewed here.