** Qualified Pharmacy Dispensing Assistant **
NVQ2 in Pharmacy Service Skills Qualification – Compulsory
Full Time – Monday to Friday and Alt Saturdays
This role involves but is not limited to:
• Working with and reporting to the Pharmacist to provide an accurate, timely and qualitative dispensing service.
• To dispense medication as stated on prescription, ensuring medication is labelled correctly with, drug name, strength and quantity, patients name, directions for use and any additional information.
• Liaising with customers and suppliers in a highly professional way.
• Ordering, accepting and storing all supplies of medication in a timely way.
• Maintaining and checking stock, stock rotation and date checking all items.
• Maintaining and updating all records.
• Giving healthy living advice and signposting if necessary.
• Replenishing and cleaning dispensary areas and equipment.
• To carry out all other duties which fall within this role.
• To undertake any duty which may reasonably be asked of you
• To serve customers in a courteous and efficient manner
• To dispense prescriptions in accordance with the Company’s policy
• To maintain the dispensary, the shop, the stock and storage areas in an orderly manner and to assist generally in the provision of an efficient pharmaceutical and retail service
• To record sales in accordance with the Company’s procedures
• To give advice to customers and to recommend or sell medicinal products only in accordance with the Company’s policy
• To keep confidential all personal information concerning customers
• To follow the Company’s policy on checking of orders and pricing of goods
•To keep clean all working and other areas and to assist with refuse disposal
• Not to divulge during employment or after its termination any confidential information relating to the private affairs of the Company Qualities required for the role• To have completed the Medicine Counter Assistants Course (a Copy of your certificate will be required)
• To have experience working in a dispensary
• Able to use own initiative, with minimal supervision.
• Good communicator
Whilst we would like to reply individually to every application on some occasions it may not be possible to do this therefore if you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have not been successful on this occasion however, this does not exclude you from applying for any other relevant role.
Under the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 it is a criminal offence to employ someone who has no right to work in the UK. Therefore, applications can only be considered from individuals who have the right to work in the UK. (As part of the recruitment process you will be required to provide documentary evidence to verify this.)