Higher Bebington Pharmacy – Wirral
Archived on 31 March 2018 – this content has expired.
Higher Bebington Health Centre
25 Brackenwood Road,
2018-2019 Pre-reg intake
- To assist in the operations and dispensing of prescriptions and the supply of pharmaceutical products including controlled drugs and appliances ensuring safety and clinical appropriateness.
- Responds to symptoms and recommends appropriate OTC medication.
- Counsel and advise patients appropriately under supervision.
- Works within legal, ethical and governance framework keeping up to date with current changes.
- Develop good management, leadership and communication skills to prepare for future role as a qualified pharmacist.
- To participate in the training programme as required by the General Pharmaceutical Council and prepare for the pre-registration examination.
- To be responsible for self-directed learning to support the collection of a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate competence and participate in appraisals with the pre-registration tutor as per company guidance and GPhC programme compliance.
- To attend study days and complete pre and post study assignments organised by a third party.
- To develop knowledge and skills within each competency areas as mapped by GPHC performance standards.
- To plan own workload and study time to develop organisational skills and support the provision of a timely pharmaceutical service.
- To participate in Audit as instructed by the pre-registration manager/tutor to comply with the requirements of the GPHC training programme
- To communicate and liaise effectively with other members of the healthcare professions and build relationships with external organizations such as GP surgeries and CCG’S.
- Respect confidentiality of information concerning customers and staff in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
- Maintain confidentiality of company policies and statistics.
Preregistration intake required. Application closing date: 31.03.2018