Archived on 6 September 2018 – this content has expired.
C/O Lesley Auston
William Brown Centre
Pharmacist, Locum Pharmacist
Medicines Optimisation Pharmacist
Work along side our extensive pharmacist team. Utilising clinical skills and support with Prescriber training if qualification not already held.
To improve patients health outcomes and the efficiency of the Primary Care team by providing direct, accessible and timely medicines expertise. To pro-actively transfer workload relating to medicines optimisation issues from other clinical staff to improve patient care, safety and free up scarce clinical staff to spend more time on clinical care:
• To provide relevant support to the primary care team as a supplementary prescriber or clinical pharmacist
• To promote safe, evidence based, cost effective prescribing in line with CCG requirements.
• To support effective management of practice prescribing budgets
• To provide expert pharmaceutical advice to practices and the medicines optimisation team
• To provide prescribing support to designated practices and team members in areas such as
o Medication review
o Implementation of prescribing changes
o Review of repeat prescribing
• To act as a training resource for the primary care team
You’re able to download the full job description here
Competitive Salary, diverse organisational opportunities in Community Pharmacy, General Practice and associated clinical services.
6 weeks annual leave plus Bank Holidays
Support with Independent Prescriber Training costs / mentor-ship
Medicines Optimisation Pharmacist required. Application closing date 06/09/2018.